Chapter 184: Just Say It

*A/N: Hello darlings! Merry early Christmas!

As a special Christmas treat I have not just one, but two surprises! One of them is an early update (yay!) So here you go!

The other one is a bigger surprise, and also a bit of shameless self-promotion. Because the other one is the announcement that I just published the first 5 chapters of my new Chris Evans story! It's called The Stranger, it's on my profile or you can find it through this link:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/265652841-the-stranger-chris-evans-x-oc

I hope you'll enjoy it. And if you don't want to read it, don't worry, I will still be updating Electric as well, all though we are nearing the end. Love you all and Merry Christmas!*

STEVE

I watch Madelines expression carefully as she looks at me with utter fear.

I've never seen her like this before. Fear is not the usual emotion I bring out in her. 

Her face doesn't usually look like this, I don't usually bring this out in her, but five years have passed since I last saw her and I realize that things have changed. 

Maybe this is her new thinking face. 

When she says, "Steve, we need to talk," I realize that this isn't her thinking face. 

This is her dumping face. 

She's realized she doesn't want me anymore. She's going to break up with me. 

My heart plummets to my stomach at her tone, her choice of words. 

I swallow thickly as every single horrible scenario plays through my mind, the most terrifying one being, 'I don't love you any more, I realize now' playing on repeat. 

I release a nervous breath as I look at her, "Whats-uhm.. What's going on?"

I try to stay as unbothered as possible, figuring that if she really doesn't love me any more, there's no need to drag it out. 

Just say it. 

"This is going to be really hard to talk about so I think we should go somewhere private.." She says before trailing off and I feel my heart beating out of my chest.

Fuck. She's breaking up with me, isn't she? 

I've never been broken up with before but I've seen it happen in movies. It always starts out like this. 

I swallow thickly as I give her a short nod, "O-okay, where?" 

"Bedroom," she says before walking out of the bathroom. Her hand gently reaches for mine, and I lace our fingers together out of habit as she pulls me toward our bedroom. I look down at our joined hands as we walk, my gaze landing on the silver ring. 

My heart aches at the feeling and I feel nervous and on edge, the fast and hard beating of my heart the only thing I can hear as all sounds become muffled. 

I suddenly look up, realizing that we're already in the bedroom and that the door is closed behind us, when I see Maddie turn to me. 

Her lips move and her eyes look sad but I don't hear her. 

The sound is muffled, like I'm underwater, the only thing I can register is her beautiful face right in front of me as she speaks. 

I can't believe I'm going to lose her.