Chapter 113: Stubborn

*OH MY GOD. SeBaStIaN StAn. MAN YOU'RE LOOKING GOOD. 

A TRIPLE UPDATE FOR Y'ALL! It's simply unheard of! I'm too big of a simp for you guys, I cannot hold back. So here you fucking go loves.

POW POW. POW POW POW.*

STEVE

I watch Madeline go to her room on my way to the kitchen. I don't notice her expression too much, I'm too preoccupied by her outfit. 

She looks ravishing, in a very short skirt and a very tight top. It's been two days since I last got to touch her, hold her, kiss her, and I've been thinking about it ever since. 

My thoughts immediately go to following her, pushing her on the bed and having my way with her. 

But I know I can't do that. She's playing a game right now, the outfit is a clear indicator of that. She wants us to give in and she knows exactly how to hit us where it hurts. 

When I reach the kitchen I see Bucky scowling. Clearly the outfit annoyed him. 

"Morning," I say to Nat and Wanda. They greet me back and smile at me as they grab their breakfast and go to the dining table. 

I walk up to Bucky who looks more grumpy than usual. 

"Morning Buck." 

"Good morning," he grumbles before taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Did something happen?" 

"Did you see her outfit?" He snaps at me, his face contorted in anger. 

I chuckle, "Yeah, I did. She's pulling out the big guns." 

He furrows his brows, "Yeah, she is." 

Then he sighs, "She's not backing down, Steve. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to keep this up." 

I pat him on the shoulder, "I know pal, it's hard for me too, but if you give in to her you'll just be accepting her behavior." 

He groans, "I know but fuck, Steve. I don't want this. I don't like not being around her." 

"Me neither," I say as I look down the hallway, towards her room. 

I turn back to Bucky, "But she will give in, I know she will. She's just as codependent as we are. I thought she would have given in by now, to be honest." 

"Me too," he mutters with a sulky look on his face. 

... 

After breakfast, Buck and I go down to train. We're fighting in the ring, Bucky pouncing at me like his life depended on it. 

"Relax, Buck," I pant as I put my hands up, "You're giving me a run for my money, here." 

"I need to get my frustrations out, Steve!" Bucky growls as his metal hand reaches out, trying to grab me. I only narrowly escape it. 

The door to the gym opens and I'm too preoccupied to dodge his hits to notice who it is. 

When I hear a familiar giggle, paired with Thor's rumbling laughter, I know exactly who it is. 

I drop my hands for a second as I turn to look at Madeline and Bucky doesn't realize, so he hits me straight in the gut, effectively knocking me down. 

I groan as I land harshly on the floor of the fighting ring. "Ouch, thanks Buck," I mutter as I get back up. 

His gaze is now where mine was a second ago and I can see the scowl forming on his face.