Chapter 124: Becoming

*Hi my lovelies! I was just scrolling on tiktok and a video popped up on my FYP, where someone recommended my story for Wattpad fics and it just made my heart burst. 

So because I love you all so much, here's a double upload! And it's with our favorite Marshmallow too. <3

HAPPY FRIDAY!*

BUCKY

Madeline is wrapped around me as we both lie in bed. 

She's been much more affectionate ever since our fight but I don't mind. 

I don't mind that she's needy for my touch. 

I want her to be. 

I've always wanted her to want me, need me. To be desperate for me. Just like I am for her. 

I saw her be it for Steve for much too long. It makes me happy that she needs me in the same way, now. 

She's lying on top of me right now, her head resting on my chest, and my heart clenches at the thought. 

I love her so fucking much. 

And I want her to know that. 

I know that I tell her every chance I get, but that's not enough. 

After speaking to Shuri today, I know exactly how to show her just how much she means to me. 

And I can't wait. 

She sighs softly and I feel her breath against my chest. I look down at her and see her head lean up, her eyes meeting mine.

"I always liked when you spoke Romanian," she quietly says as her eyes stay locked onto mine.

I chuckle, "I only said one phrase." 

"I know," she replies softly, "I wish you would say more, though." 

I smile at her, "Maybe I will, then." 

... 

After a while we both realize it's time for dinner, so we decide to get up. 

I would prefer not to - my favorite place is when she's wrapped around me - but we promised to come for dinner with the others. 

Once she goes in the shower I get dressed and shortly after, Steve comes back. 

"Hey, where have you been?" I ask as he enters the room. 

He sighs, "Tony wanted to talk. Took a lot longer than I thought it would." 

He sits down next to me on the bed and then he turns to look at me, "How you doing, pal?" 

I smile at him, "I'm doing good. It's nice to be back." 

He chuckles, "Good, I'm glad. I'm happy you didn't regret your decision." 

I return his chuckle, "I don't think anyone could regret going to Wakanda. This place is amazing." 

Steve nods slightly, "Yeah it is. I'm happy you're happy, Buck. That means a lot to me." 

I watch his expression as I say, "I know it does, buddy. And you know I feel the same about you." 

He glances to the bathroom, where Madeline is still showering, before he turns back to me, "Yes, I know you do, pal." 

I smile at him, "Remember that thing I told you about, that I wanted to make for Maddie?"