Chapter 88: Are You Staying?

MADELINE

I wake up the next morning comfortably wedged between Steve and Bucky as they both lie closes to me. Steve is behind me, cuddling me with his arm around my waist, and Bucky is in front of me, our legs tangled as his hand rests lazily on top of mine. 

I'm sore and exhausted from last night, and it feels amazing.

I snuggle closer into Steve before moving my hand to caress Bucky's cheek as I look at him. He opens his eyes slowly, smiling at me.

"Hey Doll."

"Hi."

Steve stirs behind me and kisses my neck.

"Morning beautiful.. Morning Bucky."

Bucky narrows his eyes at him with a grin, "Good morning, punk."

I laugh at them. "You guys are idiots." 

Steve tightens his grip around me, "Well, you chose us. So I guess that's on you." 

I laugh in response and wiggle in his hold but it only makes him pull me closer. 

Bucky's thumb moves to my lips as he traces them, before landing on my lower lip. I kiss his fingertip slowly and he watches as I do. 

"Last night was.." he trails off. 

Steve whispers in my ear, "Amazing." 

My cheeks flush as his breath tickles my ear, and I think back to the night before. It was amazing. When Nat first mentioned it, I had no idea it was going to feel that way. Don't get me wrong, having sex with them one at a time is amazing, too, but last night my entire body felt like it was on fire. I came harder than I ever have before. 

Bucky nods, "Yeah, it was amazing. I hope we get to do that again." 

I chuckle lightly, "Maybe you will. If you behave."  

He bites his lip before replying, "We both know you prefer when I don't." 

I laugh at him, "You got me there."

I move to get out of bed but Steve's hold on my waist tightens, not letting me get up. "What's the hurry?"

"I have to go get my stuff at that shitty place in the Bronx today."

"So, you're staying?" Bucky asks as he scans my face.

"I'm staying," I answer as I pull him in for a kiss.

"Mmh, okay good," he says, his lips still touching mine. "Wasn't going to let you leave again, anyway."

I smile at him softly.

"I'll go with you today, if you want." Steve says behind me, kissing my neck, and it tickles as he does. 

"Yeah, that might be nice, actually. You're able to lift a lot more boxes than I am," I say as move my neck a little, giving his lips better access to my sensitive skin. When his teeth nip my earlobe it sends shivers down my spine. 

"I'll go too. If you'll let me," Bucky says with a smile.

"Okay, yeah, I'll let you indulge for once."

He smirks, "Pretty sure you let me do that last night too, Doll."

I laugh as I swat him lightly on the shoulder.

...

Steve's driving and I'm in the back with Bucky. His hand is firmly on my thigh, his thumb moving up and down methodically. I know he's trying to soothe me but it makes my entire body tingle.

"What's the name of this roommate of yours?" Steve asks from the front.

"Michelle. I assume you both know who she is considering you were stalking me for two months."

Steve quickly looks at Bucky through the rearview mirror, and then they both laugh.

"Yes, we were watching you and please remember that the next time you plan on leaving us again." Bucky says, squeezing my thigh a little.

"That's fine, because I'm not planning on doing anything of the sort, ever again."

...

Once we arrive in front of my old apartment I feel a lump in my throat.

Moving out makes it official. I'm staying.

And although I know it's what I want, it's still scary. I had this place as a back up in case I ever changed my mind again, and this means I can't. Not that I would want to, at least not right now and hopefully ever. 

But it was more the idea of having an escape when things get too crazy at the compound. Not just with the boys, but in general. With training, the others, life. And I know it will all come to a head, at some point, when Tony finds out about Bucky. Having the apartment meant we had a place to run off to, in case we needed it. 

Bucky watches my expression and then grabs me softly by the chin, moving my head to his.

"You'll be fine. We'll take care of you. And if you ever change your mind, you tell us."

I nod silently. 

He pulls me closer to him, his lips brushing mine, "But I hope you won't, Doll, because I won't be able to go through that again," and then his lips are on mine.

The kiss is deep, intimate, different from what I'm used to from Bucky. It's usually fierce, or feverish, or animalistic. But this is emotional. Like he's showing me how much he needs me.

As he pulls back from me I smile at him and say, "Let's do this."