4.5

Li Mingze looked at the new servants send by her majesty and sighed. "Let them stay at servant's courtyard"

Mu Chen ignored the peeking of the new maids and continued to draw as Li Mingze send them away. "It seems her majesty really cares about you...sending more maids right after sending the formers away."

Li Mingze smiled as he sat beside his princess "ofcourse I am her son, but....is wangfei jealous?"

Mu Chen's brush stopped but he continued to draw. Li Mingze added two stroke in the painting. "Don't worry, only wangfei have this prince's heart"

Mu Chen didn't look up but a smile appeared in his lips. But this smile didn't last a letter was delivered to him by her Majesty's head maid. His eyes were too cold as he looked at Li Mingze.

Li Mingze was looking at the medicine bowl delivered by the kitchen. But he felt a sudden chill and met the cold eyes of Mu Chen.
'What happened......?'

But it didn't took long as he received the summon from the Emperor. He bowed as the Emperor stopped him "Ah Ze, how many time we told you that you dont have to be so formal with us."

Li Mingze coughed a little as he sat beside the Emperor. "Imperial father"

The Emperor looked at his seriously "Ah Ze, we never forced you to take over the duties of a crown prince but you collected merits on your own worthiness. Now we want you to take over the spring festival"

The smile in Li Mingze's face froze. The spring festival was in name a banquet thrown by the Empress or crown princess to enjoy the spring season and beautiful flowers but actually it's a banquet where the beautiful young miss of various noble families get together to fight for the chance to be a part of royal family. They want to come in front of their favorite prince and be their concubines.

Li Mingze knelt in the spot as he coughed more violently "Cough cough. Imperial father cough. Forgive this son for being unfilial.. cough-cough. This son can't...cough.... chose any other life partner."

The Emperor was a little impatient. The royal eunuch of the Emperor gave him water to calm down.

Li Mingze didn't take it and looked at the Emperor. The Emperor sighed "Zhen knows. That's why we called you to choose a princess for your fifth brother."

Li Mingze sighed with relief and took the water to relieve his throat. "Ah Qing is coming back?"

The Emperor nodded "yes, It's been a few years that he left for the border despite our order to retreat.."

Li Mingze nodded. The Emperor looked at the warm water in his hands "Imperial physician Shi visited me few days ago, he may visit you to give you the antidote of the poison after the spring festival"

Li Mingze sneered "I know Imperial father, I'll be waiting for Imperial physician Shi's good news"

He came out of the Emperor's study and looked at eunuch peeking at him lightly. He cough a little as a few blood drops stained his handkerchief.

The eunuch bowed his head.

Li Mingze smirked as he thought about something.