8.11

Before Li Mingze could react, he saw Qi Zixia taking the knife from the fruit bowl and coming for his heart. He subconsciously protected his belly and stepped back "Ah Qin....Ah Xiao"

Ah Qin jumped between them as Ah Xiao calmed Li Mingze down.

The knife had almost touched Li Mingze when Ah Qin's sword cut Qi Zixia's hand. Ah Xiao didn't let Li Mingze see the bloody scene.

Qi Zixia screamed "ahhhh.....Impudent....how dare you.

Don't you know I am the princess...."

But Ah Qin was looking at her with killing intent.

Moreover her voice have attracted Yan MuChen who was coming back from the morning court. He felt a bad premonition. Before he could see if Li Mingze is in danger because he was the assistant that time but now.....his footsteps quickened.

His eyes found his treasure protected by the maids and guards. He quickly hugged hi in his arms. "Okay Ah ze is not afraid, I am here. Ah Ze is fine"

Li Mingze leaned on his chest and took several deep breath before fainting. Fortunately Yan MuChen caught him before he could hit the ground. "Call the Imperial physician.....ah Xiao come with us"

He didn't even care to take a look at the princess laying in her blood pool.

The news quickly traveled to the Great Empress. She was furious. She looked coldly at Qi Zixia and ordered her own guards "Lock her up in the dungeon. Don't let her die. Death is the most peaceful way to escape."

When Li Mingze woke up, he held Yan MuChen's hand "Ah Chen.......your majesty....how is the child. Tell me that he is okay."

The Imperial physicians were trembling with excitement. Who would have thought the only male consort of their Emperor will be pregnant. There will be a heir to the throne?
"Don't worry your highness. The fetus is stable but my lord have got quite an shock. Your majesty his highness have to take care of himself. This servant have prescribed some herbs to protect  the fetus. "

The Great Empress entered and said with relief "Reward the Imperial physicians"

The imperial physicians bowed to the Great Empress "it's this servant's duty your ladyship"

The news quickly spread all over the capital that the royal concert Ze is pregnant. His identity of being a rare ger also got exposed. But the Ministers were not satisfied. They are now more restless to send their daughters to the palace. It's the rare occasion when his majesty will feel lonely. Their hands were itching and they started to prepare to introduce their daughters directly.

But where could they had their chance. Yan MuChen was worried to death. He haven't gone to attend the Court for 3 days. Even the great Empress was not interested anymore to meet the young ladies. Her favorite Ah Ze is pregnant. She is now very busy to keep him company especially after the accident.

Qi Zixia was on the other hand was ignored. She was not treated on time. The blood have clotted but there was an infection spreading along the wound producing an unpleasant stench.