CHAPTER 1

"Okay people meeting adjourned,I will be expecting an update on the homicide case" I say to my stuff as they leave the boardroom.
"When am I taking you out for dinner vele?" asks Kgosi in a flirtatious manner,see Kgosi is the firms biggest flirt. He respects every female worker here tho...he flirts just for the fun of it and not with the intentions of taking things far or at least I hope that is the case. He has to thank his God or ancestors that he is one of the exceptionally good lawyers otherwise I would have to fire his black ass.
"You know that I have a toddler so..." I shrug with a smile. "Oh so your kid is the problem neh?" he says while laughing and heads out. Well since today is Friday we close off early...I might as well pack my things and go home.

As I get in my apartment,Getty is getting ready to leave. "Bye sisi I will see you on Monday" she says before exiting through the open door and I wave back at her. I walk to my room to check on my adorable baby girl. Besides my job she's the one thing that makes this thing called life exciting and challenging.
I start planting kisses on her face as I slowly pick her up from her cot and she flashes me her priceless 3 teethed smile while letting out soft giggles.
Ohh Nkosi (ohh lord) hearing her giggle warms my heart. Nonjabulo is the only good thing that came out from Siyabonga and i's relationship...I won't say I regret getting involved with him cause that would mean I regret having my joyful gift.
I intend on spending as much time bonding with my baby as I can but I also need to rest. Its has been a hectic week for me.

We are going shopping noMiss Joy,I walk around the mall with Miss Joy in her pram. A few minutes later umuntu starts wailing,I pick her up and start doing absolutely everything thinkable from trying to feed her,checking her temp to rocking and swaying her kodwa niks (but nothing) my child is on a strike.
She gets loud to the point whereby people start looking at us...I know I love turning heads but not like this. I get overwhelmed nami(as well) that I'm on the verge of tearing up.

A guy taps on my shoulder and says "Sawubona" (hello) I ignore him "can I please help you with her?" Looks like he didn't mean to say that...he just blurted it out judging by his surprised face. I look at him and ask if he's certain "yeah"he answers back. With a bit of hesitation I give Nonjabulo to him.
He starts rocking her,a few seconds later she keeps quiet haibo traitor kanti what is it that I wasn't doing that this stranger does so well? I think to my self. Mr soft touch here starts whispering sweet nothings kuJoy while she calm down. Hai shame I give up on this child.

Without saying anything to each other we start walking off. "Did you perhaps want to buy anything?" he asks holding a now drowsy baby "no" I politely tell him. "Now I know that you are lying,women never leave a shopping mall without buying anything. Even if they  intended not to buy,they still  find a way to loot half of the mall." He says chuckling and earns a short laugh from me.

"You can put her in her pram"I finally say,he looks at me then at the baby and I see that he doesn't want to. "Look she's asleep and we have to get going" and I can't be parading around with a stranger holding my child. Immediately when he puts her down she cries again. He takes her and tries rocking her like he had done before but it doesn't work. "What's her name?" "Its Nonjabulo" damn I have allowed him to hold my baby yet I dont know his name. "Muhle" (she's beautiful) he says with a smile plastered on his face "thank you" I smile back.

I give him her milk bottle and she goes back to sleep he says his name is Nqobimpi Ndlovu. "We really have to go" I say leading him to the parking lot,Lil Missy is still sleeping on his broad shoulders,held by muscular arms. Not that I'm checking him out or anything.

He takes the lead and heads to the wrong direction "uhm Nqobi?..." he turns back and smiles well more like blushes. Is it maybe the way I called out his name? "Yebo" he asks and I tell him where I parked at,we get to my Range Rover Evoque,I open the door and he buckles her in her seat.
As I get into the driver's seat,he closes my door for me and smiles. "Ngiyabonga ngok'ngisiza Nqobimpi" "pleasure was all mine Simphiwe" and I drive off.