CHAPTER 105

Okay sharp,so its been a week right. A week of uhm,uhm peace...nothingness. Nje its been a quiet and uneventful week. Nqobi did indeed move out,he bought a house. Yes an entire house because hey yena uyindoda to live in a bachelor's flat or to even have a landlord. Anyhow its his money,so angihlangani ndawo. I went to give him his clothes,we have never spoken since I left Natal. He does try reaching out to me but I just shut him out each time. Ngendaba ka Ntloso bathulile so nam ngizothula. He hasn't seen nor spoken to the kids in a week,yah part of his punishment and boy is he not pissed off about that.

I just received a call from uMaNdlovu telling me that they are outside,so I open the gate for them and wait. Once they inside and settled,"they" is herself, aunty Thobile,another one of Nqobi's aunt,ubabomdala nobab'mncane. We exchange greetings,like distant relatives who haven't seen each other in years. There's no hostility,side eyes or tension. After serving them with cookies juice or coldrink for some,"makoti size lana ngendaba ebucayi. Singazi keh ukuthi kuwena kuzoba yindaba entle noma cha" says babomdala leading the matter.

So kahle kahle manje we are all pretending as if lento intsha and mina angazi. Sharp,I'm cool with that. I can play along. "Yindaba enjani leyo?" I ask. "Eish uphi naye lomfana,sisalinde uNqobi sisi ima kancane" he says but he's irritated by the fact that Nqobi is making them wait. To me its funny that he's calling him a boy. Okay,no rush I agree to wait vele and we just converse about random things,with them fusing over Niso and Joy. After some time Nqobi walks in with Ntlos'entle who was all smiles a second ago but is now suddenly shy seeing so many eyes on him. "Bhuti Ntloso!" That's Joy screaming.

A very cute smile finds its way onto Ntloso's lips. Okay these two are besties. And yes she calls him bhuti as she should because akusiyintanga yakhe, even Niso when he starts talking,I will teach him that she's not Joy or Nonjabulo to him. She's sisi to him. Nqobi greets so does Ntloso,Nqobi sits on a two seat couch and all his three kids cling onto him. We start things over light conversation,Nqobi takes all the kids to the play room before we start. "MaDlamini uNqobi usandak'thola ukuthi unengane womfana ngaphandle..." That's babomdala again leading. When he's done explaining the reason they came here today he hands the matter over to Nqobi and he explains everything from the time he met up with Okuhle at Marble.

Uthi days prior to that,she's been calling his office trying to get a hold of him. He finally agreed to the meet up to hear what she has to say. Ugirl told him that they have a child together,he first laughed and said she's mal(crazy) but she explained herself. Back then she had told him that she aborted but she lied and she found out that the baby is Nqobi's after giving birth. Her family didn't know that she was pregnant as she was living alone and was avoiding going home,usisi left the baby at the hospital and never looked back.

She named him Ntlos'entle Ndlovu and that to Nqobi sounds like she was trying to spit him. Because like how do you not tell me about my baby but have the nerve to give him my surname? So ugirl as she told Nqobi this,it wasn't because she feels bad and wants him to help her find her child or anything motherly like that. She claims that guilt has been eating her and as she's confessing she only wants to set herself free. Ukuthi uNqobi goes looking for the child,that's none of her business,she doesn't care about what happens to the baby or how Nqobi handles the situation.

He then went to Natal to look for him,that's where she gave birth. It took him a while to finally find him,he found him in an orphanage and of course there are procedures to be followed about adopting although yena he wasn't adopting. He was taking back what's his, he had to prove that he is Ntlos'entle's father. His reasons for keeping it from me are that he wasn't sure how I would react to this. To him it seemed impossible for me to love and welcome Ntloso when his birth mother couldn't do the same. As he speaks he is emotional,I am too. What Okuhle did is brutal to say the least.