CHAPTER 6

Its been days since Joy got discharged,she's as healthy as a horse and there hasn't been any hustles,well except the fact that she's teething. I'm in the office finishing off some work before I can go to the North West.

I think its safe to say that I'm falling for that Ndlovu gent,he hasn't asked me out yet but come on I do see the looks he's giving me even a blind person would see it. Not to mention that if he wasn't interested in all this melanin beauty he wouldn't be blowing up my phone 24/7. Well at other times he calls to speak to his "child"

PING!... ~Joy's father is here~ the text reads from Getty. Its not Nqobi cause she doesn't know about him,hasn't seen him since the restaurant situation so I have no choice but to go with the other option. And can I just say I'm not looking forward to seeing him. I don't trust him around my kid,so I have to go home and "babysit" him.

I get home and find her standing against the sink drinking water,"where is he?" I ask and she points in the direction of the lounge with her head. This is a lovely surprise,"sawubona Gatsheni" I greet him and place a kiss on Joy's lips. "Yebo MaDlamini,aren't you home early?" Should I tell him or...

"Getty sent me a text ethi ubaba kaNonjabulo ukhona(saying Nonjabulo's dad is here)..." He cuts me off and says "yah I get it,you thought her sperm donor was here" haike Zulu man with their egos. Instead of saying something,I excuse myself rather.

She's still standing where I left her,only difference now is there's no glass in her hands. "You have some serious explaining to do" she voices out,I give her a guilty look that says "I know,I know" add a whiny little voice for the intended effect. I start unpacking the ndabas(gossip), about my encounters with him.

"Well in that case,I like him" she says when I'm done talking,I give her an exaggerated shocked face and say "hau wena nah?" "Yini,from what you have told me,he seems like a nice guy. He likes umntanami(my child) so I'm good" she says "ohh and let's not forget the fact that he likes you too" she finishes off and we both giggle. 

Getty asked to go home early,she said and I quote "since mommy and daddy are here,I don't see a reason why I should be ruining your family time" I give up on her shame. I tell Nqobi about my case in North West,that I'm coming back next week Tuesday and that Joy will be at my mom's. He isn't happy about not seeing us for a week but keh uzoba strong(then he will be).

He helps me bath and put her to sleep,walking him to the door,I think he will go for the usual. You know a hug and a kiss on the forehead, bahlali (residents) believe when I say that nothing would have prepared me for what he chooses to do instead...