CHAPTER 101

From a distant I can hear my phone ringing,I think of ignoring whoever is calling me. But I'm forced to wake up now and attend to it because my dream is gone. I was having this wonderful dream but now its gone and it was getting to the nice part. When I see what time it is,I curse the bastard that's calling me in my head. Like why o sa robala satane? Nqobi's name pops up on my scream and still I curse him in my head. "Mmh?" That's how i answer,I'm still dazed,Nkosi yam I'm even yawning.

Him: "hau usulele mama?" He asks,I rub the sleep off my eyes and look besides me to see Niso peacefully sleeping with his mouth slightly pouted.
Me: "bruh bengiphupha kamnandi before ungidisturba" I'm still yawning and he laughs. "What's wrong? Why are you calling me at this time and not sleeping?" I ask.
Him: "I need your help" he says seriously,his tone jerks me up,making me sit up straight. Whatever it is must be serious if he's calling me ngabo 10 to 12 ebsuku.

Him: "I need you to pack few clothes for wena noNkanyiso and come down here now" he instructs.
Me: "Nqobi what's going on" ngithi inhliziyo yam imile bafethu,ngithukile. I'm thinking about Nonjabulo,about him,about uMaNdlovu and everyone else. "Is Nonjabulo okay,are you okay?" I ask in a panicked tone.
Him: "relax,relax MaDlamini. Uright uJoy nam ngiright" okay I believe him but...
Me: "okay what's so urgent that can't wait til tomorrow morning?" My question makes him sigh.

Him: "you will find out when you get here. But please its urgent,I wouldn't ask you to travel at night with my boy if it wasn't" he pleads.
Me: "its either uyangitshela manje or sivele sikholwe yilendaba" I'm not about to risk traveling at night with a 9 months old baby for into engingayazi. Yes we have body guards but still,angihlanyi ekhanda mina.
Him: "Simphiwe please" haibo
Me: "please ini khuluma,I want to sleep Nqobi" now I'm annoyed. Imagine being woken up in the middle of the night to play hide and seek.

Me: "are you going to tell me or I should just hang up and sleep?" I ask in a serious tone so that he knows that im not joking.
Him: "a few days ago or maybe week I met up with uOkuhle at some restaurant" he starts off,talking about that time he came home drunk and upset.
Me: "fast forward I know that already" I just want us to get to the point already.
Him: "what I'm about to say is not easy" oh wow a disclaimer,note the sarcasm.

Him: "she told me that we have a child together,a son. Eight years ago when she said that she aborted,she lied" yhooo I'm dumbstruck,I have no words,I am...hey!
Me: "okay so..." I breathe out the two words. See people im SPEECHLESS.
Him: "bengifuna ukumenzela umcimbi, a welcoming ceremony" he says.
Me: "and that is my concern or business how?" I'm upset because he is only telling me this now.
Him: "my ancestors won't acknowledge the ceremony unless you are present as my wife. Abantu abadala bathi badinga imvume yakho for it to be a success and its going to happen today at dawn,a few hours from now"

Wow how nice,tell me the BIG news hours before. Drag me out of bed,lead me into an ancestral hut for something which I know nothing of.
Me: "tell them that permission granted,y'all can proceed with the welcoming ceremony. Bye I'm off to sleep" and just like that I hang up.
No because there's no respect here,in this marriage I'm not given the respect that I deserve. He is only telling me of his plans because there's an obstacle that only I can help him overcome.

If his ancestors and elders were willing to go through with this entire thing without my presence and permission, Nqobi wouldn't have told me shit. He was going go through with his plans and keep stupid old me in the dark. Heee,so nna mo le nyalong le ke kapile Nqobi. I'm just a spare wheel nje. Chaii man are wicked!!
But it all makes sense how Okuhle "hurt" him. She kept his child from him for what 8 years,7 years? Ohhh shit,when he said "no matter how angry you are at me,don't touch my children" It makes sense! However it doesn't change the fact that he's wicked.