CHAPTER 60

The noise soon dies down and everyone resumes what they were doing before we walked in. I see bab'mncane walking towards us with Nonjabulo in his arms, when Lil Missy sees her dad she screams for him and Cebo puts her down so she can run to him. Nqobi meets her halfway,throws her into the air and catches her before showering her with lots of kisses meanwhile she giggles adorably. I focus my attention on Cebo and him being the idiot that he is,he starts walking like a true bhinca as he comes to me and I just laugh at him. "Ow suka madoda,umfazi kamfethu lo. Sikhethe kahle thina oGatsheni" he praises as he whistles then he brings me in for a hug...a side hug.

That's how much he respects his brother,its always a side hug nothing more. Nqobi decides to burst our bubble by shoving bab'mncane away from me. "Eyy wenja sikhwele,suka ngisancoma umakoti wakithi" says bab'mncane walking around to the other side. Nqobi playfully glares at him and he shows him his middle finger. "Hhayi cha abakuyeke sisi,umuhle MaDlamini, umuhle nhliziyo yakhe. Ohh Sbari!" he compliments and shouts out the word Sbari like he doesn't believe it. "Ngiyabonga sbari!" I say matching his energy. "Uyezwa Nqobi,sengiwu sbari keh manje" he says in an underlined 'put some respect on my name' tone. "Yah all thanks to me. So you are welcome Cebelihle" Nqobi counters and rolls his eyes at him. Cebo ignores his statement and says "mina ngithanda ukuk'bonga MaDlamini ngoku qoma leslima sakithi. Asbonge Sibalukhulu ngokumzama shame ubafo" how he says shame has me in tears from laughing.

"Bafo ngicela ungiboleke imoto" Nqobi says to Cebo and he fishes out his car keys in his trousers and hands them over to Nqobi. "I will only return it tomorrow or the day after,are you okay with that?" Nqobi asks and he says Its fine. Cebo and I continue our chat while Nqobi together with his daughter go to greet the elders and to formally introduce himself to his in-laws. "Ohh uZee athi umfonele,she has been trying to reach you but awutholakali" he says and I tell him I will do as soon as I find my phone because angazi ukuthi ikuphi. I have started a trend...almost everyone now calls her Zee even Nqobi on his happy days. "Weh mama!" Eish I hear Nqobi call out for me and when I look into his direction,I find all the men looking at me and I look down suddenly feeling shy.

"Mkami!" When I look up I find him standing there proudly,clearly impressed with himself. "Mhm?" Is all I can say at this moment and because ithanda amehlo wabantu lendoda he repeats "Mkami?" I can't now embarrass him and say Nqobi. "Myeni wam" I say looking into his eyes,if I look at all the elderly men here I will wish for the ground to open up and swallow me. "Indoda iyenze njani maku nje?" He asks pointing to all the alcohol that they are offering him. I shrug and say "wena ufuna ukuyenza njani?" "Angazi yaz and its rude to turn down a drink especially if its been offered by my in-laws" he says and before I can answer Cebo butts in "drinking and driving is wrong but sela wethu akhonto,sela mfodini" yislima keh lesi. The crowd roars with laughter

"Awusho keh myeni wam,siyaphi?" We have been on the road for 20mins now,I have asked this question for the 3rd time and just like the other times I get "you will see" as an answer. Because there's no baby seat in this car, Nonjabulo is on my lap and surprisingly she's still,she isn't fidgeting or making a noise.  My eyes go wide when I see Zimbali Estate. I eye this man of mine suspiciously and I know that he feels my stare on the side of his head when he starts laughing softly before tapping on the steering wheel. "Nqobi siyaphi hle?" I ask now out of patience "siya emzini wakho omusha" he says smiling widely. I give him the 'I don't believe you look' which he shrugs his shoulders to as if saying 'ohh well that's your problem.' 

He continues to drive until we reach a paved drive-in leading to a wooden double garage door,there's an open parking space. He jogs over to my side to get the door for me,I'm in awe of this magnificent house before my eyes. "Wow" "do you like it?" He asks,this means that I didn't whisper low enough. "I love it!" I squeal even Joy likes it. "I'm glad because its yours" he says and because we are married I get that he means Its Ours. He hands me the keys and the key holder has MaDlamini written on it. "Let me see yours?" I ask and throw myself at him,giving him a bone crushing hug before kissing him endlessly. He asks What,I say his key holder then he says he doesn't have one. Haibo kanjani? "When I say the house is yours, what do you think I mean kanti?" He asks leading me inside.