CHAPTER 99

Its morning now,omuye ubhuti he passed out on his office couch. He woke up early this morning,came to take a shower in our room and tried waking me up to go prepare Nonjabulo for school. But I refused,I asked him what's stopping him from being a present father and helping her. He tried explaining that he's hungover and what not but I did not entertain him. I mean when last did he prepare her for school or fetch her from school? I get that he has been busy and stuff but now is his turn. I need a break nam,I'm tired yho.

I walk down the stairs,in a hurried pace as I am carrying a crying Nkanyiso in my arms. Boy woke up hungry and angry,one thing about this child...he will scream his tiny lungs out. When I get to the kitchen I find Nqobi sitting on one of our bar stools. He immediately brings his hands up to cover his ears when he hears Niso's cries. Yeah usisi wakhe calls him Niso and we have adapted nathi. But its pronounced Nisoo with a Zulu accent. There's a half cup of black coffee in front of him,eyy the hungover is nyising him. "Eish quieten him down please. Uyarasa" he says in a deep low voice and I just laugh at his misery shame.

"Mi" I say purposefully handing him a screaming Niso,so that he can scream properly next to his ears. He takes him,well he has no choice phela its his baby too,he gives me an evil eye as he does it. And I smile at him. He holds the baby at an arms distance,you know when a baby has pooped itself and you don't want to hold it close to you? Yah that's how he's holding him. "Nkanyiso ndoda ngiphethwe yikhanda. Ngiyak'cela bafo thula" shame you can hear it in his voice that he doesn't want to talk,he is suffering.

He then holds him properly bringing him to his chest and starts bouncing him in his arms whilst begging him to keep quiet. Deciding ukuthi my child has cried enough,I take him,take out my left boob and start breast feeding him. He does try to resist at first yhoo uthanda ukukhali uNiso shame,but he eventually gives in. Just when the nigga thinks that he can finally breathe,that finally he can enjoy some silence. I start loading all the ingredients I had taken out into the fruit mixer. He gives me a warning look,telling me to not start the blender. But keh I love him so much that I live to annoy him,I plug it on.

He has put his head on the counter,he is groaning in annoyance and mina? I have big fat smile plastered on internally. "Are you okay?" I ask shouting loud over the blender's noise. He lazily lifts his head and clicks his tongue. Do I not die of laughter? I soon switch it off,I wait for him to look up but he doesn't. "Nqobi?" I call out already taking steps towards him. When he looks at me,that's when I notice how red his eyes are. "Shame poor child" I say before going back to where the blender is plugged at. I pour out the smoothie that I made for him into a glass and walk over to give it to him.

Working with only one hand isn't easy,this child is heavy. "Drink this, icoffee ngeke ikusize" I hand him the glass filled with a green substance. He frowns his face on it and disgust reshapes his entire face. "Cha icoffee izoba right" he argues. "Okay suit yourself" I say placing the glass on the counter. If he doesn't want to drink that's his problem. "That's what you get for drinking like a fish over a girl,your ex nakhona. Instead of being matured and talking about what's eating you up uba yisdakwa wena" I tell him in disappointment.

The shocked look on his face tells me that he doesn't remember,"hayi relax you told me the entire story izolo. A drunk mind speaks a sober heart" I say adding sarcasm. "Which is?" He asks implying to "the entire story" "hau what Okuhle did" I reply rolling my eyes. "Which is?" Ehhh sizothini manje? "Ha.a hau you know what she did to you. Yini you want me to spell it out?" Okay manje why are you getting defensive? He is annoying hau,he wants to call me out on my lie. "Yes mama I'd appreciate it if you would spell it out for me" he folds his arms and I just click my tongue at him.

He comes around to take Nkanyiso from me along with the glass of smoothie on the counter. He then slow walks to the lounge and I start making breakfast.