CHAPTER 38

My phones rings for the fourth time now and like the other calls I'm going to ignore it. PING! its a text notification,when I open it,I see that its from him. I don't want to talk to him,doesn't he get that?
Him: ~its not what it looks like MaDlamini,khuluma nam ngiyak'cela😥~ (talk to me please)The text reads.
Me: ~cheating men are fond of that line🚮~ I text back.
Him: ~just give me a chance to explain Simphiwe~ Sadly I'm not in the mood for his stories.
Me: ~ohh and that line too~ He then blue ticks me,the nerve of this cheater.

I have no choice but to hear him out now,he has been blowing up my phone...a day ignoring someone is enough rite? He says that the girl who wore his T-shirt is the assistant and the reason for wearing it is because she spilled coffee on her blouse while they were having a meeting in the restaurant downstairs. She wasn't in the room as he was half naked,she only came in to give him his phone as he said before that she holds their phones.

After I told him that I have been calling,he told her to never switch off his phone or ignore his calls. Hence she went to give him the phone. Apparently he lashed out on her for referring to me as "some lady" when she could clearly see the caller ID written NHLIZIYO YAM❤....I would know because I'm responsible for that,he sometimes calls me Nhliziyo yam and I thought why not.

Do I buy the story that he's selling me? Yes. And why is that? He sounds genuine besides the girl looked intact,her make up was still on...under the T-shirt she was still wearing her bra,her wig was okay and her lips were okay too. And naye uNqobi he isn't dodging any questions.

Anyhow things have gone back to normal or at least thats what it looks like. He isn't the only one who had to apologize,apparently I was being childish and unfair. He didn't like the fact that I was throwing accusations at him without allowing him the chance to explain himself. And had I bothered to listen to their conversation before hanging up,I wouldn't be upset over nothing.

Its the fact that he turned the whole thing into a joke,he asked how I felt when the thought of him cheating on me crossed my mind. When I openly answered him,he was like "nchooo shukuthi ngiyathandwa moes(that means I'm truly loved),can't believe that you went to bed with a broken heart over indoda(a man). Nithanda amadoda sies(y'all love men)"

LMAO Nqobi is such a dummy. I was like "batlang hurda neh(they will hurt me right)?" His response was "yah amanye amadoda ayi uNqobimpi Ndlovu,ngik'fatela blind keh mina(Yes other men not Nqo...,I love you so much)"

He should have came back yesterday but he had to shift his employees around. He demoted and promoted people,if they continue to slack then its unfortunate that they will be among the stats of unemployed people. I think its fair because he's giving them a chance to pull up their socks. And the positions which they are occupying now aren't permanent positions,judging from the progress they will make,he will decide.

Its almost lunch time,I can't decide on what to eat so I'm stuck here in my office. As I scroll through IG I come across a post from some chick who tagged Nqobi. Its a picture of both of them in a club looking too cozy for my liking. I have got to admit,ugirl uyababa(the girl is hot),she's light skin,has a model body to die for and flawless beautiful skin. Bathi(they say) you can't compete where you don't compare,currently thats me. I don't compare to her beauty therefore I can't compete.

Argh,where's your self confidence Simphiwe? You can't be insecure because of Nqobi's flings. Easier said than done. The post was posted last night with the caption A trip down memory lane❤🔥. He didn't answer his phone when I called this morning so I'm guessing that they are revisiting those "memories."

My office door opens and in walks the devil looking appetizing as ever with a Nandos takeaway. Judging from his calculated steps and open arms,I think he's expecting me to run and jump on him. I focus my attention on my phone,the way I'm looking at it one would swear that I'm looking at something interesting kanti niks.