Chapter Nine

Later in the night, Cheryl and Tre were laying in her bed together, finally smiling and giggling as they tried to forget about the thing with his ex. Cheryl had her head on his chest and her arm across his stomach, while he had his arm curled around her waist and his hand behind his head. Lily had gone asleep as it was late, so Cheryl and Tre were talking quietly as they watched TV in bed.

"So I was thinking, maybe I could treat you and Lily to dinner before you go back?" he suggested, stroking her side. She looked up and smiled, leaning up on her elbow.

"That would be lovely. Tomorrow night then? I'll see if she's cool with it." she smiled at him, drawing circles on his chest with her finger. He took her hand and lifted it to his lips, lightly kissing her knuckles before pulling her closer and placing his lips on hers. She smiled against his lips, gently stroking his chest before pulling away slightly, touching her nose to his. He smiled, pecking her lips, wrapping his other arm waist, holding her tight in his strong arms. 

"You know, this has been the best four months of my life." he remarked, running his hand up and down her back, making her shudder. She grinned, pecking his lips, giving him that dimpled smile that he loved so much.

"I know. It's been the best four months of mine as well. You've made me so happy, honestly babe." she replied, giggling as her face turned red. All Tre could do was smile at her. When he first met Cheryl, he'd been taken aback as he hadn't seen anyone that beautiful before. However, once he actually talked to her, he realized that behind those looks stood a wonderful young woman with a big heart, that was down to earth and absolutely adorable and that still made mistakes as she was only human. He never understood how someone could cheat on her. How was it possible? If you've got the most adorable woman in the world, why would you cheat?

"Tre." 

Tre blinked as Cheryl's voice brought him out of his thoughts. She was smiling at him, stroking his cheek.

"What's on your mind?" she asked. He shook his head, lightly pecking her lips.

"Nothing, just thinking about how special you are to me." he replied, making her go red again. She then leaned in and kissed him again before pulling away slightly. He smiled at her, resting his head against hers.

"Babe, there's something else I want to ask you, but it's okay if you don't want to." he said. Cheryl leaned up on her elbow and took his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. He squeezed her hand in return before continuing.

"Well, after we go back to the UK and you do your promotion for the single, would you like to go to New Jersey, and meet my family?" he asked, stroking his hand with her thumb. Cheryl's eyes widened and she gulped. Tre wanted her to meet his family? What?!

"Y-you want me, to meet your family?" she asked, biting her lip. She hadn't gone through the whole 'meet the family' thing in a long time. Sure, she'd met the Hough family but they'd only been friends so that wasn't important. When it came to the 'boyfriend' level, however, she hadn't met a family in a while, with the last 'family' she'd met being Ashley's family...eight long years ago.

"If you don't want to, it's fine babe." Tre said, looking up at her. Cheryl shook her head, squeezing his hand again.

"No no babe it's not that I don't want to, because I do. I'm just scared. I haven't done that in a long time and I don't want to make a fool of myself. Are you sure you want me to meet them?" she asked. Tre nodded, leaning up and kissing her forehead.

"Of course I do baby. Listen, you're one of the most important people in my life and I think that my family should meet you. Come on, you won't make a fool of yourself." he told her, giving her a smile. She smiled slightly, nervously chewing her bottom lip.