Chapter 24

"Tre."

Tre looked up from his seat in the game lounge, seeing Cheryl standing in the doorway with two glasses of wine. He'd been playing video games while Cheryl had been talking to Tabby and Shirley, but now he had to admit, he was glad to see his girl. 

"What's up, princess?" he asked, smiling at her. She shook her head, wandering over and sitting on the huge bean bag chair beside him, handing him a glass of wine. Tre paused his game and put the controller to the side before taking the glass and wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Just wanted to chill with me?" he asked, lightly kissing her neck. She nodded, giggling slightly.

"Yeah. I talked to your mam and Tabby, then I asked where you were, then went to the kitchen and got us some wine and now here I am." she giggled. He smiled at her.

"Aw. You're so cute, you know." he winked before pecking her lips as he pulled her closer. She smiled a bit, taking a sip of wine before placing it on the table, then leaning back so that her back was against the sofa. Tre leaned back as well, switching the TV to the satellite channel and turning to a random game show. 

"Tre...can I ask something?" Cheryl asked, biting her lip. Tre lowered the volume on the TV and turned to her, smiling.

"Sure you can babe. What's up?" he asked, stroking her side gently. Cheryl sighed slightly, fiddling with her fingers.

"What was up with that guy from earlier, at the basketball thing? I can sense it Tre; he's bad news. What's with him?" she asked straight out. Tre sighed, rubbing his head.

"Chez it's nothing, alright. Don't worry yourself about it." he said. She frowned slightly.

"Tre, I saw the way you two were glaring at each other so don't say it's nothing." she said. Tre sighed.

"Cheryl look, it's just some stuff that happened years ago that I don't want to talk about. See, nothing." he said. 

"Clearly something. Did something bad happen with you two?" she asked. 

"Leave it alone." he said, looking away from her. She rolled her eyes.

"No, I won't leave it alone. Tre, baby that guy looks like he wants to hurt you, and I don't want that. Let me help you, please. I just-" she was saying until he spoke.

"Okay Cheryl, yes he wants to hurt me but I don't want to drag you into it and have you getting hurt too. Now leave it alone. My problem, I'll solve it. Leave it." he snapped slightly. She frowned, biting her lip. Tre had never snapped at her before.

"Fine..I'll leave it." she mumbled quietly, standing up. She downed the rest of her wine then wandered out of the room towards the stairs. She didn't even notice that Shirley and Tabby were looking at her as she went off upstairs. 

She just went into the guest room and shut the door behind her before rummaging through her suitcase, pulling out some pajamas; a pink vest top and mint green pajama bottoms. She quickly changed into them, then grabbed her iPod and her phone before sitting on the bed. She popped her earbuds into her ears and turned her iPod on, the opening sounds of Alicia Keys's 'The Diary of Alicia Keys' album filling her ears. She then pulled out her phone, sending a text off to Lily.

<<Cheryl: Babe? Busy or anything? I need someone :/ xxxx>>

Less than a minute later, Cheryl's phone buzzed. She looked at the screen, seeing a text...'Lily'

<<Lily: Hey babe! No not busy. What's up? Has something happened? :/ xxxx>>

<<Cheryl: Tre :/ Earlier we went to the basketball courts right, and we played a bit of basketball then afterwards, this guy shouted for him or whatever. I asked who it was and he just told me to get in the car, so I did. I looked down long enough to check my phone, then I looked up again and he and the guy were pretty much glaring at each other, then Tre got into the car looking p!ssed :/ So I asked what that was about and he wouldn't tell me, so I left it. It's been bothering me so I just asked him again what it was about and he still won't tell me, so I told him that I was trying to tell him that I just wanted to help, but he snapped at me and told me to leave it  xxxx>>