Chapter 29

After their ice cream date, the happy couple got back into the car and started off on the road. Tre was taking Cheryl for a surprise again, so he wasn't telling her where they were going. Of course, she wasn't too happy about that.

"Right if you won't tell us, then I'll just stick on the radio and sing obnoxiously loud." she said, pushing the button and turning to an R&B station. Tre just looked at her, laughing a bit.

"What kind of threat is that? You've got an amazing voice, silly girl. Go on..sing along, have fun." he winked, making her pout in defeat. 

"Just tell us; where are we going baby?" she asked again, almost whining. He reached over and gently rubbed her knee.

"Just wait. It'll be worth the wait, alright." he assured her before directing his attention to the road. Cheryl giggled a bit before sinking down in her seat, pulling her knees up before pulling her phone out. She went straight to her camera, turning her phone and snapping a picture of Tre. He noticed her out the corner of his eye and couldn't help but smile.

"You being silly?" he raised an eyebrow, still not taking his eyes off the road. She giggled, shaking her head.

"I'm not doing anything." she said as she tweeted the picture...

'My boyfriend is taking me somewhere but won't tell me where! Isn't he horrible? *bbm not amused face* xo'

She put her phone into her lap and looked over at him, before running her finger up and down his arm.

"Tre." she said. He glanced over at her.

"What's up?" he asked. She shrugged, still running her finger up and down his arm as she smiled at him.

"Nothing, I just love you." she smiled. He smiled at her.

"I love you too, silly girl." he winked, making her giggle. She then listened closely, hearing a familiar song on the radio.

"Ooh can I turn this up?" she asked. He nodded, so she went on and turned up the radio so she could hear more clearly...'Before You Walk Out My Life..Monica'

"Oh my god...I love this song," she began, before singing along,

"Remembering the good times, from a portrait hung on high, it's filled with so much color and the laughter we left behind...I made the choice and you couldn't decide, I made the choice  I was wrong you were right, so deep down inside, I apologize......Never meant to cause you no pain, I just wanna go back to being the same, only wanna make things right, before you walk out my life."

Tre listened to her, wondering how the hell she even knew that song. He looked over at her for a split second, seeing her scrolling through her phone, nodding her head to the beat and singing along to the song as she did so. He had to laugh a bit; how did she know this song?

"Cheryl...how do you know this song, baby?" he asked, making her look up and giggle.

"I'm such a huge fan of hers, and I remember when that album came out! Rushed straight out to get it." she replied before looking back at her phone, pouting slightly as she realized the song was going off. Tre just laughed.

"Wow...my English girlfriend loves Monica. Who knew?" he said, shaking his head as they continued on the road. Cheryl pouted slightly, smacking his arm.

"Hey...watch it mister. I'll have you know that I know about American R&B tunes. I love the I Love Your Smile song by Shanice, and I love Mary J Blige, and Joe, and Destiny's Child and all that good stuff, so shut up." she gave him the evils, making him laugh again.