Chapter 26

"Daddy! You made it!" Tabby squealed, running over to her father, hugging him tightly. Walter Holloway II, or just 'Junior' as everyone called him, hugged his daughter as tight as he could, kissing her head.

"I told you I'd make it Tabby." he smiled at her, making her smile back. She then smiled at her step mother, Valerie, before wandering through and placing the gift bag with the others. The party started back up again, with everyone just forgetting about who'd just arrived and just going on the have a good time. Tre squeezed Cheryl's side, then went off to get himself a drink. Cheryl frowned slightly, following him through to the kitchen.

"Right...you wanna tell me what that's about then, babe?" she asked. Tre shook his head, looking in the refrigerator and getting them both a drink.

"Not now, but just know that he better not say a word to me." he said. She looked to see what he was pulling out; two little bottles of fruit punch.

"Talk about it later?" she asked, holding his hand, taking her bottle with the other hand. He nodded, letting go of her hand and opening her bottle for her before opening his own. 

"Yeah, talk about it later." he mumbled before taking a sip. He then draped his arm around her shoulders as they wandered back through to the living room to the party. Shirley wandered over to them, frowning.

"I should've found Tabby's guest list and crossed him off, but that's you guys' father so-" she was saying, but Tre cut her off.

"No father of mine." he said. Shirley sighed slightly.

"Right now baby, I'm not even gonna yell at you for saying that." she said before going over to talk to one of the family friends that had come round. Tre was leading Cheryl towards the stairs to sit down with her for a bit, when Tabby wandered up to them.

"Tre look before you start, I know you probably don't want dad here but it's my party, so I've invited him. Now, I know you don't want to talk to him but can I at least let him meet Cheryl, please?" she asked. 

"If Cheryl wants to then I can't stop her." Tre replied. He then looked down at her. She looked up at him then looked at Tabby.

"Hm..alright then." she said, looping her arm through Tabby's. She smiled a bit when Tre kissed her forehead, then wandered off with Tabby. Her father was standing there, talking with one of their uncles. He looked up and saw Tabby and smiled.

"What's up Tabs? Who's your friend?" he asked, nodding his head at Cheryl. Cheryl smiled nervously. 

"Daddy, this is Tre's girlfriend and my absolute idol and friend, Cheryl. Cheryl, this is mine and Tre's dad; everyone calls him Junior." Tabby introduced them. Cheryl shook his hand.

"Lovely to meet you." she said. Junior nodded, smiling back.

"Nice to meet you as well. You are absolutely beautiful. Lucky boy, my Tre is." he winked, making Cheryl laugh a bit.

"Eh well I'm lucky to have him actually." she smiled, making Junior laugh as well. After talking for a bit, Cheryl squeezed Tabby's arm before wandering back over to Tre. He was sitting on the stairs, staring off into the space.

"Can you snap out of your daze long enough to talk to your silly girl?" she asked, making him look up. He smiled, scooting over so that she could sit down beside him. 

"Always have time for my silly girl." he winked, draping his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. She giggled, putting her hand on his knee before leaning her head on his shoulder. He kissed her head, stroking her bare side where her top had moved up slightly. He loved being with her, because whenever he was down, all he needed to get was a hug from her or just have her close, and everything would instantly be better...