Chapter 3

I pack my suitcase and get ready, I went downstairs for breakfast, Zuhair bhai was dropping me off at the airport. My flight was for 9am so I had to be there a couple hours before. Bhabhi makes breakfast for us, I greet my parents and bhabhi and we leave.

We get into the car and Zuhair bhai asks me if I'm okay. I know exactly why he's asking, he knows I go alone to our grandparents only when I'm down.

"Nothings wrong bhai, I just want a break after my exams."

"Amu don't hide anything from me, you know you can tell me anything."

"I know, nothing is wrong bhai."

I know Zuhair bhai is worried, I haven't told him about Armaan because he would flip and have Armaan move out. I don't want that to happen because of the friendship our mother's share.

I board the plane, the pilot announces that we ready for take off so I put on my earplugs and relax. It's a two hour flight, my Nana will be fetching me from the airport.

I couldn't really relax on the flight, I had a fat man sit next to me, he kept jumping in his seat. My flight landed around 11:30am, got my luggage and as I walk out I see my Nana standing with a bouquet of roses. He has always been so sweet and caring.

"Nanu," I yell out excitedly and hug him.

"Amu, how u beta?" He says while giving me the roses.

"Alhamdulillah I'm good Nanu, hows Nanu doing?"

"Old age Amu, you know how it is," he smiles.

"Yeah Nanu, I know... I'm experiencing the same thing," we both laugh.

We get to their apartment, I leave Nanu and the driver to sort out my luggage and I run up to Nani, I can't wait to see her. She always makes me feel better.

"Nani, we here," I shout out, running toward the kitchen. I can smell my favourite prawn curry being made.

"Amu meri bacchi, how you doing?"

"I'm okay Nani, I'm starving though."

"Have a snack, lunch is not yet ready."

I get settled in my room, eat some fruit, Nanu and I decide to go for a walk on the beach. It felt so nice to have the warm sand between my toes. Nanu met some of his friends so he ditched me and sat with them. I ended up at the flea market.

I am here just for a little while and already I'm thinking about Armaan. I'm walking through the market and everything I see reminds me of him. The beach short he wears around the house, I even saw a t-shirt exactly like his.

"Are my eye's deceiving me, am I really seeing Amu here on the coast?"

I turn around and see Aahil standing there with a huge smile on his face. I can't believe it, I'm seeing him after so many years and he still recognises me.

"Aahil, how are you dude? Haven't seen you in such a long time," We side hug each other.

"Not my fault, you never came to visit," he grins.

"Hey, not fair... not my fault, you the one who decided to go away to study."

"Yeah yeah rub it in," he laughs. "So what you doing here?"

"Visiting my grandparents for a few days."

"Oh nice, we must meet up, maybe do lunch or something."

"Yeah sure, I'll call you later and then we can decide."

I leave him to continue his shopping, I go look for my Nanu, my Nani is going to kill us, we said we would be back by lunch. We get back and I go pray my zohr before I help nani in the kitchen.