Chapter 70

I'm awake though my eyes are closed, opening them would make me feel worse than I already do. I smell waffles but how is that possible? I think to myself, I jump up and run downstairs to see what is happening.

Ammi and bhabhi are busy in the kitchen making waffles and ice-cream for breakfast. Bhabhi sends me to get ready while she sets the table and calls everyone for breakfast.

Only when I got back to the room did I realise Zayaan was not in bed. I didn't see him downstairs either, I didn't know if I should be worried or not. I calmed myself down, got ready and went down to have breakfast. 

My favourite breakfast, my cheer me up breakfast was on the table and I didn't liss to eat, but I didn't want bhabhi and Ammi to feel bad so I ate a little. Ammi brought some gifts for Zayaan and I which she gave us after breakfast.

Zuhair bhai called me to the study, he first asked if I opened the envelope, which I didn't get a chance to do last night. He said he knew Zayaan and I were arguing last night.

"Amu from what I've heard the problem is not with the two of you. Why are you letting it come between the two of you?"

"This is exactly what I didn't want, why did Zayaan discuss his family matters with you?"

"He is worried Amu, he feels you give too much importance to his Abba and I understand you respect him, but maybe see it from Zayaan's side."

"Bhai did he tell you how rudely he spoke to his Abba? He can't see that his sister is not looking out for the best interest for the family but rather herself."

"I'm going to keep everyone occupied, I want you and Zayaan to sort this out now."

Zuhair bhai took Zayaan and I up to our room, I didn't know what to say to him. Before we could say anything I got a call on my phone. It was Nafeesa Apa, I put the phone on speaker so Zayaan could hear what she had to say. I knew she would be rude because she never spoke to me nicely besides infront of him.

"Assalaam-u-alaikum Apa, how are you?"

"Walaikum Salaam, you don't have to act all nice with me, I know what you up to?"

"Excuse me, what do you mean?"

"Don't act all innocent, Zayaan is foolish so let him be, why are you trying to take away from me, you got everything of the best."

"I think you mistaken, Zayaan is not foolish, yes at the moment he is blinded by what you feed him but soon the blindfold will be lifted."

"I see, so you have decided to stand with that useless father of mine. I know he knows what I'm up to but he can't stop me because I got Zayaan wrapped around my pinky. He just jumps when I say he should."

"Wow, you know I had some respect for you because you Zayaan's sister but now I've lost all respect for you. Please dont call me again."

"Don't worry I won't call you as long as my foolish brother keeps giving me money. That's all I want, soon I will take it all away from you all."

"Good luck with that," I said and then cut the call.

I think Zayaan was too shocked to say anything. I am glad the truth is out and the mask is lifted but now is the most difficult part for Zayaan, picking up the pieces and facing the people you've wronged.

I walked up to Zayaan and helped him get up from the floor and made him sit on the bed, I heard a car pull up the driveway, it was my inlaws. I pulled our room door slightly and sat next to Zayaan holding his hand.

"Babes speak to me, I'm sorry I reacted the way I did, I know you didn't expect to find out this way but look at it this way the sooner the better right."