Chapter 107

The past few days have been hectic, planning such a big get together is not easy. I have no idea why Abba wants to have this function.

He just said that he will be making a special announcement and all the important people needed to be there. Business partners, family and friends.

I have been feeling really drained this past week, I haven't been doing much but I also haven't had much sleep. I just can't seem to find the right position and when I do it's already morning.

Getting ready for the big day, I packed my bags and got all the necessary in place. Zayaan is going away next week so I can't depend on him then, should I go into early labour.

Tonight we meeting Suhail bhai's future inlaws. I didn't want to go with since I've been drained the past few days. I needed to get as much rest as possible.

It took alot of persuading from Zayaan until I agreed to go. Temperatures have been in the minus and with the cold we all felt like staying indoors.

When we got to the restaurant everyone was already seated with Suhail bhai's future inlaws. Abba spotted them and lead us to them.

After all the introductions I looked at Suhail future wife Shabnam, she looked so fimiliar but I couldn't figure out why.

"Amaani, what are you doing here?" Shabnam asked curiously.

"You two know each other?" Suhail bhai said confused.

"Suhail bhai you have chosen a gem of a person, from the little I know about her she is an amazing human."

"Wait how do you know each other?"

"We met at the park one day."

"Wow my favourite cousin and my favourite person like each other."

After dinner was ordered everyone got chatting and Shabnam and I sat next to each other, she was surprised to see me married let alone pregnant.

Dinner was lovely and we all got along so well, Abba invited the Mansoor's over for the get together. With the secret announcement I didn't know if it was a good idea to invite them.

After the dinner Suhail bhai invited us to join them for bowling but I was not up for it. I insisted Zayaan join them and that I would go home with Ammi and Abba but he didn't want to leave me.

When we got home we sat a little by the fireplace speaking to Nanu and my parents when Zayaan got a call that confused me a little.

His expression when he looked at the caller id made me feel that he was hiding something from me. I know he doesn't want to stress me out but hiding from me will stress me out more.

Today is the get together so the house is crazy with caterers and family and friends arriving for the weekend.

Well those from out of town are the Hamidi's and my inlaws. The rest are from town, my inlaws are staying by Mariam Apa and the Hamidi's will be staying with us.

I've been sitting most of the day since I was ordered not to move around to prevent an accident, so Nanu and I sat by the fire place enjoying each others company and the fire. 

It wasn't for long that we were alone though because my inlaws and the Hamidi's arrived at the same time.

It was nice to see everyone after a long time, everyone made a fuss about me and my pregnancy. I felt like a whale with everyone telling me I'm gone so big.

"Amu I think you should rest in your room for a little while, you going to get too tired tonight," Ammi says gingerly.

"Okay Ammi but please see to Zayaan's parent's."