Chapter 41

It's been two days since my conversation with Uncle Gulaam. I have been disturbed and distracted ever since. Zayaan and I haven't succeeded in persuading his family as yet.

We leaving on our holiday trip today and I've been stressing all morning. What will happen if my parents found out from someone else? Should I tell them before we leave or not. I called Zayaan to see if he came up with any idea.

"So have you come up with some ideas? I feel like telling my parent's before we leave. Maybe that will help us."

"You crazy doll. That will make matters worse. I decided that we will tell your family and mine our problem and what we decided and then leave them to decide what we should do."

"Zayaan how is that going to help? They will not agree and our plan will back fire."

"Trust me it won't. Now don't panic and just get here as soon as possible. I'm really missing you, can't wait to see you."

"Okay if you think your plan is going to work we will give it a try. We landing at 11am, Nani and Nanu are with so we will go straight to the hotel and relax a bit before we do anything. Too much excitement for them is not good."

"Okay then see you at 11."

"What? No, you not coming to the airport. I told you already that I didn't want you to come."

"I'm not listening to anything. I'm coming to fetch you guys."

Zayaan cuts the call, I thought it was very rude but I know exactly why he did so. He knows I can easily  convince him not to come to the airport. Bhabhi comes to my room to check if I'm ready, she tells me to hurry up, they were all ready and waiting for me.

A few hours later and here we are officially on holiday. Zayaan was waiting for us outside the airport, Zafar spotted him standing at the door with a bouquet of flowers and a box in his hand.

"Assalaam-u-alaikum beta, why did you take the trouble. We would have managed, I arranged with the hotel staff to pick us up."

"Abba you not staying at the hotel, you staying with us."

"No beta we can't stay with you at your house. It's not right before the wedding. We okay at the hotel, it's our own so we will feel at home."

"Abba please I insist that you stay with us."

My Abba couldnt refuse because Zayaan kept insisting. I don't know what has gotten into Zayaan, did he not think that if we stayed with them and after telling my parent's about Nafeesa and Azaad they will not want to stay at his house.

We get to the Malik's residence, Uncle Gulaam and Aunty Hasina are waiting for us at the door. We are welcomed and then shown to our rooms. I really love their home, Aunty Hasina has really taken care of every detail.

Zayaan informs everyone that he wants to meet in their guest lounge after an hour. I sat in my room waiting for him to come and tell me what he is going to do but he doesn't come.

I didn't realise that time went by so quickly, an hour passed by like minutes, I haven't spoken to Zayaan as yet. Everyone was waiting in the guest lounge, Zafar came to get me.

All of a sudden my heart rate went up, my palms sweaty, I became weak in my knees and my head felt heavy. I didn't know what to expect, Zayaan is someone that will shock you anywhere and anytime, you won't even see it coming.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm going to come straight to my point but before that I need to let you know that Amaani and I have discussed this already and have made a decision."