Chapter 103

The gleam of light shone in through the gaps of the curtains waking me up from my peaceful sleep. I felt so lazy to get out of bed, I wanted to sleep in the whole day.

Zayaan was already awake and getting ready for work. He walked out of the bathroom and saw that I was awake, he walked to the bed and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Assalaam-u-alaikum sunshine."

"Walaikum Salaam babes, sorry I'm late today, give me five minutes I'll make breakfast quickly for you."

"Don't be crazy, just stay where you are. I've already asked the kitchen staff to make me breakfast so don't stress."

"What! No way babes, how can I let you go without having a proper breakfast, they going to give you tea and scones and cake. You need a healthy breakfast."

"Doll relax please, you don't have to do everything for me. Remember that you are five month pregnant and all this running around is dangerous."

"Dangerous really. I know how to take care of myself, why is everyone making like I can't."

"I just don't want to hear again that staying with me is dangerous for you."

"I see you haven't forgotten about that, so it means you are holding it against my family for thinking that."

"No doll I'm not, no husband wants to hear that he is not taking care of his wife. Anyways we won't hear anything like that from next week."

"What's happening next week?"

"I will be working from home so I can be here to take care of you."

"Zayaan that's not needed. You can't neglect your work like that and besides you have another…"

"Amaani don't even mention it, why do you have to always remind me? How can I forget the one person who has ruined my life. To me I only have one wife and that is you so please."

"Okay I'm sorry I won't mention it again."

He angrily stormed out of the room and went to the dining room to have breakfast. I couldn't let him go to work angry so I rushed down to the dining room to cheer him up. 

I stood by the entrance of the dining room just looking at him waiting for him to acknowledge that I was there. He ate his food in silence and then got up to leave.

I followed him to his car, I stood infront of his car door so he couldn't get in and would stop ignoring me. He looked at me and then indicated for me to move.

"So you not going to talk to me no matter what I do? Well I guess not since you've been enjoying not speaking to me. I mean how much have you spoken to me anyways in the past few months," I said as I got out of his way. "You may leave, I will stop being a nuisance to you."

He left without saying anything to me. I know I shouldn't have brought up his other wife but come on she has been the only topic in our marriage before they even got married.

I wasn't going to let him spoil my day so I got ready and then decided to spend some time shopping. Nothing can cheer you up like retail therapy.

Some people hate shopping and it's even worse if they alone but I enjoy it. I can take my time and shop. I love changing my house interior every few months so we don't get bored with the look.

I shopped for new vases, new scatter cushions and loads of baby stuff, I love that I can get everything at one store. It's amazing how much one can spend when you in the mood.

After shopping I decided to spoil myself further with decadent double chocolate cake and a mega cappuccino. As I was sitting enjoying my treat I received a message from Zayaan.

Zayaan: "Hey doll, I will be home in an hour, dress up we going out."

So Mr probably realised all of a sudden he has a social event and decided to take me along. I wasn't really bothered as long as I got to dress up and go out.

When Zayaan got home I was still busy getting dressed. He saw all the shopping bags and knew I went shopping.

"You went shopping again? You just shopped the other day."

"Well if you leave me upset I have to shop to cheer myself up."

"Doll this is not done, you can't shop like this."

"I'm not using your money to shop so why you getting so worked up."

"That's exactly why I'm so worked up, you keep shopping with your money and I don't like it. Take money from me and then shop I don't mind but you using your father's money for things in our house."

"Oh I see, now we going to argue about your money, my money."

"We not arguing, we are discussing this."

"You can go out alone, I'm not in the mood anymore."

"Come on doll, don't do this. Okay I'm sorry spend as much money as you want."

"Why does everything these days have to end up in a fight? One of us always gets upset at the other. I try not to but it's so difficult to always be the one overlooking things."

"I know it's difficult, most of the time I'm at fault and I'm trying to change this. There's too much stress between us, we can't handle it."

"I'm really not in the mood to go out now, I'm sorry but it's best if you go on your own."

"Doll I can't go on my own to a dinner date with my wife."

"What? A dinner date, I thought you had a social event. We hardly go out these days so I never expected this."

"I want to change that, now can we please go I'm really hungry."

"Okay give me five minutes, I will meet you downstairs."

We went to a lovely cosy restaurant, Zayaan had booked us a table in their private section. It was a lovely evening, we got to speak our minds and strangely neither of us got upset.

Maybe it was a change of environment or being in public, whatever it was it helped. For the first time in months Zayaan and I had a conversation about us and only us. 

It felt so good to be alone with him and have his full attention. I felt like I was talking to the same Zayaan I fell inlove with. After a very long time I felt like special.