Chapter 37

Today was Zayaan's last day in town, he has an early flight tomorrow morning. I wanted to do something special to thank him for the last few days. He came over for breakfast and wanted to spend the morning with my grandparents.

Since he had dinner plans with my family, I decided to make lunch plans with him. I informed my Ammi and Bhabhi that we will be out for lunch.

I left Zayaan with my grandparents and went quickly to the mall, I bought a few goodies to fill a basket for our picnic at the lake.

When I got home, I saw Uncle Umar's car parked outside. I wondered what he wanted, my Abba told them that it was best our families stayed away from each other.

"Bhabhi what is Uncle Umar doing here?" I ask apprehensively.

"His not alone Amu. Mubashir and Aahil are with him. They came to see Zayaan, Abba told Zayaan to use his office."

"What do they want? Why can't they leave us alone."

"I don't know Amu, Zayaan didn't want to speak to them but Nanu told him to at least listen to what they have to say."

Everyone else was sitting in the living room waiting, Zayaan walked out of the office and came to call my Abba. I didn't understand where my Abba fitted in their discussion. We didn't hear the office door close so maybe the Hamidi's were leaving.

Zayaan came to the living room, he sat on the couch but didn't say anything. He looked tensed and upset, I brought a glass of water for him and asked him what was wrong but he didn't say anything.

About thirty minutes later the Hamidi's left and my Abba came into the living room and told Zayaan that the Hamidi's have left and he has done as Zayaan asked.

I asked Zayaan what was it about but he still wouldn't say. Thinking that maybe it's about business I left it. I didn't want to spoil the day for us. It was already Zohr time so we prayed our Salaah and then Zayaan and I went to the lake.

Zayaan picked a lovely shady spot, it was peaceful and beautiful. We laid the blanket on the lucious grass under the tree. We sat and spoke for a little while before we ate.

"You know I've been thinking what I can call you besides doll but decided otherwise because for me you are as perfect as a doll."

"Why do you say things that leaves me speechless. I don't know how to react to your compliments."

"Doll you don't have to say anything as long as you appreciate my compliments, that's enough for me."

"Zayaan tell me something, how come you and your family never spoke about Nafeesa?"

"She ran away with Sameer, my parent's refuse to accept them now even. I invited her to our engagement because I felt she needed to be there. We don't mention them in our house, it's not allowed."

"I'm sorry I asked."

"No doll it's okay. I keep in touch with her but no one knows. She is my sister I can't break ties with her just because she loves a middle class boy. I will lose out on seeing my nephew also."

After eating we packed up and went for a walk, holding hands and getting to know more about each other.

"I'm going to miss you and all these special moments. I don't know how I'm going to manage and when's my next trip."

"You will manage, we can still chat over the phone. We not living in the stone ages. Honestly I will also miss these special moments. It was nice to have a friend for these past few days."

"Friend! Now you killing me."

"Yeah we friends, if I don't call you my friend then what do I call you."