Chapter 80

Everyone is still here, they refused to leave me and go home, Zuhair bhai and Abba worked from home when they needed and the rest of us were up and down to the hospital. I spent most of my days at the hospital hoping for some miracle.

I've been going to the hospital everyday for two weeks and there hasn't been a change in Zayaan's condition until today. He woke up from the coma, he is doing much better than before.

He looked much better, especially when he saw his family. He doesn't remember me or my family, he has lost his memory from a few months, so he doesn't remember meeting me or us getting married.

I was devasted when he asked who I was and what was I doing by his bedside holding his hand. Tears threaten to roll out but I controlled myself infront of him. I couldn't control it anymore and walked out of the room.

I felt like my world was falling apart, how could he not recognise me, to him I am nobody. That means to him we not even married. It shattered me to hear him ask his parent's who we all were.

The doctor told me that Zayaan was confused and would probably come out of it slowly. I sat there hoping he would ask for me soon but he left me devastated when he asked for Raeesa.

Abba (Zayaan's father) called Raeesa and asked her to meet us at the hospital. In the meantime he called their lawyer and had him draw up a contract so that Raeesa doesn't play any tricks with us. She was merely helping us in Zayaans recovery.

It upset me that he didn't consult with me first or consider my feelings. I understand he wants his son to recover but is bringing his ex into the picture helping any of us.

I felt that there was no point in me sitting around the hospital, I couldn't go anywhere near Zayaan. He didn't even know who I am, I don't exist to him. I decided to go home instead of sitting and hearing from his extended family how bad it must be for me because he doesn't remember me.

Ammi and bhabhi stayed at the hospital, the rest of us went home. I went up to my room to get some rest and I just wanted to be alone. I was experiencing so many emotions at once, everything and everyone annoyed me, I hated my life, I felt hopeless, like I was being sucked into this big whole and I couldn't pull myself out.

The doctor called and asked me to meet him at the hospital, they did a check up and Zayaan has recovered a little but he has loss his memory and also he can't do the simple things like hold a pen or spoon and walk. He will need rehabilitation.

I spoke to Zayaan's parent's and told them what was needed. I also explained everything to Jameel so he could help them. They are the only people I can trust with my Zayaans therapy. They were going to have to do everything for him now.

"Bhabhi, I got a suggestion but it's up to you if you want to do it. It might help Zayaan to remember you," Jameel says apprehensively.

"What is that?"

"You do all his rehabilitation, you can speak to the doctors and they can show you everything that needs to be done. They can be there to watch that everything is going right."

"That's a good idea beta, Amaani what do you say?" Abba asks nonchalantly.

"I'm willing to try but Abba I don't think it will help, Raeesa never leaves his side, he is never going to remember me."

"Be positive beta, he will remember you. How can he forget your love."

Zayaan started to shout and scream, we ran to see what was happening, no one could control him, Raeesa was getting angry and kept telling him that he is useless. I walked in, introduced myself and then asked him what he needed.