Chapter 52

Zayaan went to get dressed, bhabhi asked him to dress formal. Bhabhi came to my room to help me get ready. I kept telling her that I don't have a good feeling about today but she just ignored me.

Maybe I was nervous, it was a big day for me, expressing my feelings has never been easy. I don't think I can face Zayaan, he will get to know something is up and that I know.

Once I was dressed bhabhi asked me not to come out of the room, Fawaaz bhai and Zuhair bhai blindfolded Zayaan and then helped him to get to the car.

Then they came to blindfold me and took me to the car, Zayaan and I were in different cars. The window were open of both the cars so I could hear Zayaan speaking.

He kept asking someone to tell him what was happening. I felt he was getting anxious and I know he doesn't like to be blindfolded.

"Zayaan please calm down. I promise everything will be okay," I say gingerly.

I asked bhabhi to take off his blindfold because I knew he wasn't comfortable. I didn't want anything to happen to him.

Zuhair and Fawaaz drove off with Zayaan, bhabhi assured me that once they were out of sight from the house they would remove his blindfold.

Not long after Suhail bhai and Zafar drove off with me. Bhabhi told me before I left that we are being taken to our farm house and that they all will come but later.

"This is your chance to express your feelings. We will leave here as soon as you call us, but call us after you have told him. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to be caught by anyone at the wrong time, your inlaws are going to come with us to celebrate."

"What? Are you guys crazy? Why did you tell them?"

"Abba thought it would be nice for both families since we all know the troubles the two of you had."

"I can't believe him."

" Listen we set up the hall for us, we planned a romantic dinner and a romantic evening for the two of you. Make the most of it but remember your limits, I know I don't have to tell you this but sometimes…"

"Don't worry bhabhi, I won't do anything that will disappoint you. Thank you so much."

"Now go enjoy."

When I got to the farmhouse, Zuhair bhai and Fawaaz bhai were standing outside, they made Zayaan wait inside the house.

They made me sit in the hall and brought Zayaan to me, he was surprised to see me there. He thought they were playing a prank on him.

I knew he was confused and worried, that's why I told him before he left that everything would be okay.

"What's happening here?" Zayaan asks curiously.

"You will get to know soon."

"So you knew this was happening?"

"I had an idea, I knew why they called you here but I didn't know all this was happening. I hope you not upset."

"Not at all, infact I think it's very sweet of your family trying to bring us closer before our wedding. I just feel they shouldn't push you."

While we were talking we heard a knock on the door, someone opened the door and walked towards us.

"Sir, dinner is served," the waiter said.

We got up and went to the table set for us, Zayaan pulled out the chair, he held my hand and directed me to my seat.

The food was brought in and left on the table, the waiters left the room and we helped ourselves. 

Zayaan wanted us to share a plate, he dished out for us and asked me to pour the drinks. I was really nervous, I couldn't eat much. Zayaan fed me a couple spoonfuls but that was all I could get down.