Chapter 35

Zayaan helped me get my mind off Aahil, these past few days have been good. After all those torturing days I'm glad to be seeing some hope of happiness. If not with Aahil at least with Zayaan.

Aahil and his family were coming over for lunch today, Zayaan is also going to be here. I'm a bit worried, I don't know if Seher and her family know about Aahil and I and I'm worried about Zayaan and Aahil.

Zayaan was here since the morning, he came early to help out. He has been so sweet these past few days. I decided to have a word with him before the Hamidi's arrived, I know he will understand.

"I want to ask you a favour please. When Aahil is around please don't get upset, I know sometimes his family can say thing that upset you, please ignore it. I don't want Seher his fiancé to feel awkward or to find out from us that Aahil and I liked each other," I say heedfully.

"Don't worry I won't get upset and I won't react to anything they say. I won't let your secret out, it's for them to tell her so I'll leave it at that."

"Thanx," I say then give him a hug.

"It's totally worth it when I get rewards like this," he says with a huge smile on his face.

I looked at him and smiled, I couldn't stop blushing. I turned and walked towards my room door, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back, he wrapped his hand around my waist and pecked a kiss on my cheek.

"Zayaan what you doing? Someone will see," I say coyly.

"So you not upset I kissed your cheek. No one will see."

While we were chatting, I heard a car pull up the drive way, Zayaan looked out the window and saw that it was the Hamidi's. He mentioned that Aahil looked up so he saw Zayaan at the window. 

"Don't worry about him, if he say anything please ignore him," I say gingerly.

"Don't stress doll, I won't let him get to me. Everytime they say something I will just look at you and forget about it, stay by my side please."

"Don't worry I will be by your side."

We go down to welcome the Hamidi's, I could see Aahil's face turn sour when he saw us together, Zayaan and I didn't even realise we were holding hands.

Aahil greeted us and as he walked pass he said, "No shame some people have, holding hands." I didn't let go of Zayaan's hand, althought he tried to pull his hand away, I thighten my grip, because he would have thought that I was affected by what Aahil said.

I can't ask him not to react if I react, we joined everyone in the lounge, Zuhair bhai introduced Zayaan to everyone, although he already knew the Hamidi's, Seher and her parent's didn't know him.

I felt a sense of happiness to hear and say Zayaan is my fiancé, I don't know why I was happy to hear it but it brought a smile to my face. It was like a kind of proudness.

Our parent's sat in the living room and had their conversation going on, so we kids went outside. Zayaan pulled a chair for me and asked me to sit. He is a real gentleman when he isnt fighting with me.

Aahil gave him this weird look and did the same for Seher. She looked at Aahil and then said.

"Wow you learning from Zayaan, you never pulled my chair before."

I smiled at Zayaan and said, "My Zayaan has always been a gentleman. He knows how to treat a lady."

Mubashir bhai and Zuhair bhai were discussing business so Nuwal bhabhi and Fehmida bhabhi were busy in the kitchen. Bhabhi told me not to come to the kitchen because she didn't want me to leave Seher alone.