Chapter 75

Zayaan and I sorted our little issue, he apologised to me for forcing the issue when we had already discussed it, I apologised to him for the way I reacted. I love that we never sulk about anything for too long, we always apologise to each other.

The last few days we spent shopping for last minute things that cropped up. The haldi and mendhi functions which went off very well. Nosheen bhabhi looked stunning, we were about twenty ladies but we made noise like we were hundred. We danced and sang songs, the old ladies told tales about their times which was so nice to hear.

Today was Fawaaz bhai's wedding, everything was really grand, Uncle Faizal and Aunty Amina really went out of their way to make sure we were all comfortable. There was no shortage of anything. From the hall draping to the food on the table everything was so well done.

Once the wedding was over we all went to Nosheen bhabhi's house, we were served refreshments while we waited for her family to greet her and then we left to go back home, there were a few ritual that our family had to do before they could go to the lodge, once they left I went up to my room, I didn't have the energy to stay up.

"Doll I need to tell you something?"

"What is it babes? All okay?"

"There was an incident at the wedding today, Zafar and I saw some girls with guys at the back of the hall so we chased the boys away. We don't even know if they were part of the wedding."

"Good you chased them away. They got no shame, they need to be taught a lesson."

"That's not the problem, one of the girls threatened us that she was going to do something big at the walima."

"Don't worry about it babes, we will tell Abba in the morning what happened and he will handle the rest."

"Okay doll, I must say you looked stunning today."

"You didn't look bad yourself, you were dashing, I'm sure the ladies would have been all over you if you were not married."

"But there's only one lady for me and that's you my love. I love you."

"I love you too."

The first thing we did when we woke up this morning was speak to Abba and Ammi about what happened last night. Abba assured Zayaan and Zafar that there was nothing to worry about and we should enjoy the day. Ammi informed Zayaan and I that the Hamidi's will be at the walimah.

I sat by the window like old days while Zayaan was busy getting ready. I was worried, I didn't want Aahil to cause any problems between Zayaan and I. Zayaan has been very understanding of the issue and we have had a good relationship so far. I was afraid that any action of Aahil's would spoil our relationship.

"Doll are you not going to get ready?"

"Maybe we shouldn't go to the walimah," I say apprehensively.

"Are you crazy? Why wouldn't you want to go to your brother's walimah?"

"I don't think I want to go."

"You don't have a choice my love, it's your brother's walimah."

"I know it's my brother's walimah but he will understand. I'll speak to him."

"Is it because of Aahil?"

"I'm not in the mood for any confrontations and there will be if he is going to be there."

"I don't think he will create a scene. Doll you can't keep hiding from him, just once hear him out maybe he wanted to apologise the last time and you just cut him off."