Chapter 71

Today was our walimah, I was really excited although I had a little fear behind my mind, the fear that Nafeesa might do something to ruin our day. I wish I knew what she would do today but I know Zayaan would handle it.

After breakfast we got ready for the walimah, once we got to the hall my fears increased but the minute I walked into the hall it all disappeared. I had to focus on so many other things that what Nafeesa would do became insignificant.

"You look very happy today, what's on your mind?" I ask Zayaan.

"Don't stress about Nafeesa, she won't be able to enter the parking lot let alone the hall," he says nonchantly.

"Please don't do anything to ruin the day for us or our family."

"Doll just trust me, we all going to enjoy today."

"Babes I trust you. Here I'm worried that your sister doesn't cause any trouble and here you are sitting stress free."

"Don't stress, enjoy today."

Everything seemed to be going on perfectly so far. Meals were served and we got a chance to meet everyone. Zayaan and I went to each table personally to greet our guests.

Slowly the guests started to leave, this was around 5pm. I was exhausted, it was fun but in heels to walk around the hall. My inlaws decided to join my family and come to our house so we all went straight from the hall to our house.

We got home, changed and sat in the living room relaxing. Zayaan ordered pizzas for dinner from the pizzeria at the mall. The door bell rang, Zayaan and I both got to the door at the same time, he opened the door expecting the pizza delivery man.

It was the Hamidi's, I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't know what they were doing here but their whole family was here. Zayaan invited them in and escorted them to the living room where everyone else was.

Aahil was with them, I didn't think he would come near Zayaan and I but it seemed like he didn't care, he looked so lost. Abba looked upset that Aahil was here but he didn't say anything to Aahil.

"Amaani this is for you and Zayaan," Mubashir bhai said as he handed me a gift bag.

"Jazakallah bhai but it wasn't necessary," I say apathetically.

It was really uncomfortable, no one was making conversation or even looking at each other. The pizza arrived so Zayaan insisted that the Hamidi's join us.

Bhabhi, Tabassum and I set the tables and then called everyone for dinner. At least at the table there was a little bit of conversation. We forgot the water bottles so I went to get them from the kitchen. I didnt notice that Aahil followed me.

"Amaani, I want..." Aahil mutters.

"Can I get you something?"

"No, I wanted water."

"I'll bring it to the…"

"Doll you need hel…"Zayaan says as he enters the kitchen and sees Aahil. "Looks like I've interupted something, let me take the water you guys carry on.

"I just came to get water babes, you haven't interupted anything."

"Doll, I think Aahil wants to speak to you and maybe you should hear him out."

"There's nothing left for us to say to each other, if he does want to say something it should be with your permission and in your presence."

I walked out of the kitchen with the water bottles, I stood in the hallway for a few seconds and then went back into the dining room.