Chapter 59

The weekend flew by, this morning Nosheen bhabhi and I went out for breakfast and then we went to do some shopping. It's like shopping never ends in a wedding house.

Ammi says we will be running around till the end, no matter how early and how much planning you do, you always end up leaving something out.

We have an appointment with the caterers later today, I can feel the stress building up, I know Ammi is stressed because she keeps shouting at everyone and crying for no reason.

Nani says Ammi cries because she is already feeling like she is losing her daughter. She never cried like this for Zuhair bhai's wedding.

Since Fawaaz bhai's wedding is two months after mine, Ammi has decided to get everything done one time for Fawaaz bhai's walimah.

I've selected red, white and silver as my colour scheme, square plates and side plates, for the entrance table juice we've selected flute glasses and for the tables the normal highball glass.

The serviettes are my favourite, it has all three colours but the design is what I like the most about it. The centre table pieces are going to be stunning, I can't wait to see it all be put together.

It's all so exciting planning a wedding, but the amount of work involved is alot, I don't think that we would have managed if my family didn't pitch in.

Bhabhi will be busy this week making snacks for the tables and for the house, the usual Indian snacks like chevro, sukh mukh, murkoo, tal tukra's, sev, ghatia. My mouth waters just by thinking of all the delicious food.

"Bhabhi what can I help you with, I need to keep occupied otherwise I'm going to go crazy."

"What's wrong Amu? You okay?"

"I don't know bhabhi but when I'm alone, I feel like crying."

"Crying for what?"

"I don't know for what I cry, the tears just roll down my cheeks."

"Amu you crazy, are you already crying for us?"

"Bhabhi stop teasing me and give me something  to do."

"There's nothing left to do for today. I finish make what I wanted for today and Abba said we going out for dinner so I didn't cook."

"And for lunch bhabhi?"

"Mahek is bringing food for lunch."

I had nothing to do and I was feeling weird, I sat with nanu speaking to him about how I felt and he advised me that it's normal for a girl to feel emotional.

Marriage is a big step, you changing your whole world. You have to adjust yourself and learn about your new family and their likes and dislikes. You have to also adjust to living with someone else and take into account their likes and dislikes.

With marriage also comes new responsibilities, before you married some of us girls don't even know what it is to budget, to pay simple things like the water and electricity bill.

After my chat with Nanu, I went to see what Bhabhi and Ammi were doing in the kitchen, it was also an excuse to grab something to eat. Just then Mahek walked in with the food.

"What delicacies did you bring for me?"

"Madam you should be dieting to fit in your wedding dress."

"Excuse me my dress fits and Zayaan doesn't think I need to do any crash diets before the wedding."

"Oh I see already listening to him."

For lunch Mahek brought creamy chicken pasta, Grilled chicken tikka with garlic naan and veggies. The food was simply awesome, I always enjoy Asma Chaachi's cooking.