Chapter 49

Once I got home I messaged Zayaan,  I was really tired but I knew he would be upset if I didn't speak to him even for just a few minutes.

"Hey doll, how was the dinner?"

"It was okay."

"You look worried, is something wrong? Did something happen at the dinner?"

"Nothing happen at the dinner. Nothing I can't handle, don't worry about it."

"Doll your worries are mine too. Tell me what happened. Maybe I can help you."

"I met Seher at the mall."

"Aahil fiancé? Did she say anything to you?"

"She said that Aahil only behaved badly with me because he wanted me to move on and to accept you. I don't know if I should believe her, even if I do, it makes no difference because we all knew that you and I were going to get married."

"It makes a difference doll, you don't have to lose your best friend. I don't mind if you keep in contact with Aahil."

"Do you even realise what you are saying? Aahil is not only my best friend, he is the man I once loved. I don't think any husband wants his wife to have contact with her first love."

"I know what I'm saying, you've accepted me in your life and our relationship will never be what I want it to be. You will never love me and even if you do it will never be the way you love him. If it makes you happy, I'm happy and willing to live with it."

"Zayaan! I thought we moving forward, I haven't only accepted your existence or accepted you in my life. I've accepted a future with you, I've accepted a life with you, I've accepted you as my fiancé and my soon to be husband. Our wedding day is soon and you asking me to include Aahil in my life when I've already accepted not to. Are you doubting me?"

"Amaani…"

"Amaani? Since when do you call me by my name?"

"Look all I'm saying is if you want Aahil in your life I don't have a problem with it."

"The only reason you don't have a problem with it is because you think I am still inlove with him. Well I'm not, I have moved a long time ago."

"I just want you to be happy, anyways I'm tired, can we chat tomorrow?"

"Uhm… yeah I guess."

I can't believe this man, I don't think he even realises what he is suggesting. Am I over reacting? How can he even say that I should accept Aahil back into my life. What made him say that?

I was furious with Zayaan, my tiredness and sleep disappeared, thoughts clouded my mind. I can't have this confusion now. I'm getting married in six weeks.

I sat on the floor crying and praying that all my problems would come to an end. I feel so trapped, I know what I want, my future is clear.

I haven't told Zayaan as yet but I have started to like him, I have started to have an attachment to him. A belonging, like he belongs to me and I belong to him.

"Aasaalaatu Khaayrum Minan-Nauum." ( Prayer is better than sleep), Zafar calls out as he knocks on my door.

"I'm awake Zafu," I yell out.

I haven't slept at all last night, I make wudhu and pray my salaah, I try to get some sleep after fajr. Just as I was falling off to sleep my phone rang, I cut the call without looking who it was.

"Amu wake up, Amu… Ammmuuu …. Amu! Zayaan is on the phone," bhabhi says hysterically.

"Bhabhi let me sleep, tell him to call later," I grumble.