Chapter 69

This week went by so fast, it was definitely a roller coaster week. Meeting strange people, tiffs between Zayaan and I, Zayaan and Abba fighting. Putting all that behind me today I have something to be excited about.

I get to see my family for a few days, they arriving later today so the excitement has risen. We having lunch with Zayaan's family today, he didn't want to go because he didn't want to face his Abba but I forced him.

What would his family think about me, their first invite and we decide not to go. I always hear Mariam Apa saying that if she doesn't do for her inlaws even if it's because Muhammed bhai doesn't want her to do it,  they don't take it out on Muhammed bhai but on her.

I didn't go back to bed after fajr, I went to the kitchen and decided to bake a few things and make the salad and dessert for lunch. When I was done I went back up to our room, Zayaan was asleep so I decided to take a long refreshing shower and got dressed.

After breakfast we left to my inlaws, I was praying that no confrontation would take place between Zayaan and his father. On our way I asked Zayaan to apologise to his Abba so that we could have a peaceful and enjoyable Walimah.

I didn't want us to go on our honeymoon with out him sorting out his problems with his father. Abba always says that we should never leave on a journey when we have upset someone, you always end up regretting it.

Ammi (Zayaan's mum) was busy in the kitchen preparing lunch, Tabassum took off from school today so she was in her room and Abba (Zayaan's father) was sitting in the lounge reading the newspaper. I signalled Zayaan to go speak to his father while I went to the kitchen.

"Assalaam-u-alaikum Ammi."

"Walaikum Salaam beta, how are you doing?"

"I'm okay and Ammi?"

"I'm good beta. I'm praying today goes well, I don't want Zayaan and his Abba to fight again."

"They won't Ammi, I told Zayaan to ask for maaf from Abba and to understand how Abba feels."

"That's so sweet of you beta, you always proved to be a good daughter for this house. I hope my son realises what a gem he has."

"Ammi buttering her daughter-in-law?" Zayaan says jokingly.

"Ammi doesn't have to butter me, I'm not a slice of bread." I joke.

"Zayaan leave my daughter alone and go see there's an envelope that came for you yesterday, it's on the dining table."

That reminded me that I haven't opened the envelope Zuhair bhai gave me, I asked Zayaan  to remind me when we got home.

After Jummah lunch Zayaan and Abba went to sort out some last minute Walimah work while Ammi, Tabassum and I entertained some of Ammi's friends that came to visit.

I kept looking at the time, impatiently waiting for my family to arrive. Zayaan and the driver went to the airport to fetch them, they were coming straight to my inlaws place and we would go to our house after dinner. 

Zayaan messaged me from the airport once my family arrived, the excitement just increased, the wait was finally going to be over. I wanted to shout out with joy but being a newly wedded bride I had to behave especially infront of guests.

Ammi's brother and sister arrived with their families, just before Zayaan and my family arrived. Naeema khala prepared the food for tonight and Aasiya Mami made the salads, desserts and juices.

When Zayaan arrived he hooted from the front gate right until he got to the door to drop off my parent's and Zafar. I patiently waited inside while everyone else went to the door to welcome my family.