Chapter 76

Back to my rushed mornings and back to uni, Zayaan said he was going to be home early today and that we were going out so I shouldn't prepare for dinner. When I got to campus the gang were sitting in our usual spot. They were excited that I was back and I was excited to be back.

Shiraz and I headed for our first lecture, on our way he said he wanted to discuss something personal with me. I got a little worried and told him that I didn't think we were so close for him to discuss personal matters. He said it concerned our group so I gave him all my attention.

"I think I like Tasneem," he says casually.

"What you mean you think? It's either you do or you don't."

"I have feelings for her but I don't know how to tell her. I need your help."

"I don't know if I'm the right person to ask for help. I don't know how this all works."

"What you mean? You married so you must have went through all this before."

"My story is completely different. My husband was my Abba's choice. I was inlove with someone else, infact I just realised I was inlove with him and my father brought a proposal from my husband."

"What? You had an arranged marriage. Shew I can't believe it, you so modern even in your thinking and you had an arranged marriage."

"I had no choice, my marriage to my husband was part of a business deal but our families gave us time to fall inlove before we got married."

"Okay so you did fall inlove with him, think of ideas from there and help me please. I can't tell the others because they would mock me. I don't want to do anything that will break up the gang."

"Okay let me see what I can come up with."

Zayaan was already home when I walked in, he was ready and waiting for me. He asked me to freshen up and meet him in his office, expecting to get a lecture or Zayaan to tell me something serious. He blindfolded me and then helped me to the car.

We got to the mall, I was still blindfolded but I could here the noise, it sounded like a mall, I also heard people talking so I knew it was a mall. Then we were greeted by someone who told Zayaan that everything is as he wanted. We entered through a door and suddenly it was very quiet. Zayaan  removed the blindfold, we were standing in a room that was set up with lights and rose petals all over the floor, pretty flower arrangements and a table set for two people.

"Babes what's going on here?"

"Just a little surprise for my love. We at your favourite seafood restaurant."

"Wow this is really sweet."

"Thank you, we got lots more to do after lunch so prepare yourself for a day full of adventure."

After lunch we went to the lake, we spent the afternoon in each others company paddling on the lake, it was so beautiful and peaceful, then Zayaan booked a hot air baloons ride for us to enjoy the sunset, while the wind hit our faces so gently and the warmth of being wrapped in Zayaans arms was perfect enough for me. It was simply amazing, I felt so spoilt and it felt so romantic, I couldn't have asked for anything better from Zayaan.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better Zayaan told me we weren't going home but to a park to watch a concert. It's the first time I've been to one of these but it was a pleasant experience. The play was set on a romantic movie that was made when movies came out in black and white.

It was nice that they had such plays, I know I wouldn't be interested in watching a black and white movie even though it might be interesting. Picnic baskets were provided on request which had all my favourites perfectly planned out by my dear husband. On our way back home I fell asleep in the car, when I woke up I was in my room in my bed with breakfast waiting for me.

"Hey you sleepy head!" Zayaan says lovingly.

"Hey Babes, you awake early."

"Yes my love, you were knocked out before we got home so I brought you upstairs. This morning you were so peacefully asleep I couldn't wake you so I checked your schedule and you have only two classes later today."

"So sweet, thank you so much for yesterday. I really enjoyed myself. The surprises were amazing."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, it was all for you my love, you are one special lady."

We got ready and Zayaan dropped me off at campus, he said he would pick me up once my lectures were done. He had a meeting with a client at a restaurant close by so it wasn't so much trouble. I wanted to do something special for Zayaan to thank him for doing so much for me. I knew he wanted to watch this new movie so I booked us tickets for Friday evening.

Shiraz nagged me at our first lecture to help him confess his love to Tasneem. I didn't want him to be shot down if she didn't feel the same way so I suggested he ask to meet her at a restaurant and express his feelings to her, if she felt the same way then he could plan other dates. I helped him book at a restaurant and have them set up the place similar to how Zayaan did for me.

After my lectures Zayaan picked me up and we went to see his parent's. We try to make it a point to visit them at least once a week. Zayaan told Ammi earlier that we would be visiting them so she asked us to join them for dinner. I knew Zayaan missed his Ammi's cooking, he always speaks about the dishes he enjoys.

Dinner was lovely, I enjoy spending time with my inlaws. Fathima always asks me how do I get along so well with them, she can't even make friends with Zunaid sisters. I guess it all depends on how they are. My inlaws have always been very accepting and sweet to me so it hasn't been difficult to get along. Tabassum has also been very friendly and takes me like a big sister.

When we got home we sat in bed and watched a movie together. I just loved snuggling up to the warmth of his arms. He hates the cold so we usually snuggling in lots of blankets and always into each other.

Zuhair bhai and bhabhi are on their holiday, they visited Nani and Nanu and the Hamidi's. Bhai is just like Abba, most of his holiday goes into visiting old friends. Bhabhi mentioned that tomorrow they were meeting few of our old neighbours. Bhai wanted to visit the old neighbourhood and relive some of the memories he is left with.

Fawaaz bhai and Nosheen bhabhi are on their honeymoon in Paris and say they are enjoying themselves. Nosheen bhabhi has been shopping since they got there so she must be enjoying it. Ammi said that Zafar was complaining because now he is alone, they were thinking of sending him on a holiday to Nani and Nanu once Bhai and bhabhi return.

"Doll are you happy with the way things have been?"

"What you mean?"

"I know we had a hectic first week in our marriage and then our second little argument when we went to your parent's, I'm trying to keep you happy."

"Babes I'm very happy with my life and spending it with you makes it all the more worth it."

"There's something I wanted to speak to you about. I know things haven't been so good between Aahil and you but he wants to still be your friend. He contacted me yesterday at work and we spoke about it."

"Why are you inviting trouble?"

"I don't understand."

"Babes by allowing Aahil back into our lives you are only inviting trouble. I don't know how he feels now but maybe he is using you to get to me. I'm not ready to trust him as yet."

"Maybe you right but he deserves a chance. Maybe just speak to him via messaging for now and from there you can see how he behaves."

"You the first husband I see who wants his wife to keep in touch with…"

"With her first love, you can say it doll. I have accepted that he was your first and you will probably always have a special place for him in your heart, maybe a bigger place then I have in your heart."

"Don't be crazy, babes yes I thought he was my first but he wasn't. I think I was influenced by him and everyone trying to make us feel that we were inlove with each other. When I fell inlove with you I finally realised what love really felt like and what it meant."

"I will leave the decision up to you and you can tell him what you decide and how you feel."