Chapter 58

"Aasaalaatu Khaayrum Minan-Nauum." ( Prayer is better than sleep), Fawaaz bhai calls out as he knocks on my door. I jump out of bed, make wudhu and read my salaah.

I hopped back into bed and dosed off, bhabhi came to wake me up just after 9am. Zayaan was awake and was already dressed. I didn't sleep well during the night because of my arm so I caught up on some of the sleep this morning.

Today is Jummah so I took a nice refreshing shower and before I went down for breakfast I read some Quraan, I feel so much peace when I read Quraan. I really needed it since these past few days have been horrible.

Bhabhi made waffles and homemade ice cream as well as pancakes for breakfast and my favourite biryani was being made for lunch.

"Bhabhi you are an angel, all my favourites today," I said gingerly.

"Amu don't you think you should start handling the kitchen?" Ammi says nonchantly.

"Ammi don't you think I need a break, after I get married I will have to be in the kitchen all the time and it's not like I don't know how to cook."

"Ammi, I think you right. I haven't tasted anything that she has made," Zayaan says jokingly.

"You such a liar, I made lunch the last trip you were here."

"Oh yes, now I remember," Zayaan says nonchantly.

"Is that so?Now you remember, just wait I will show you."

"Amu don't threaten my son," Ammi says lovingly.

After breakfast Zayaan and I sat in the lounge with Nani and Nanu, he will be leaving tomorrow so Zayaan wanted to spend sometime with them.

Detective Khan finally found out the truth, Aahil was not involved in the attack, it was one of his friends who he confided in and this friend thought he's doing him a favor by hiring men to kill Zayaan.

Aahil found out about it and decided to protect his friend. I don't know what he was thinking getting himself in trouble for his friend. It was his friends own fault thinking that he could kill Zayaan and that I would accept Aahil back into my life.

I am just glad the culprit is caught and that he will be punished. The past few days felt like years, like we were locked up behind bars, we couldn't go out and be free.

After Jummah Uncle Umar called my Abba to apologise for all the inconvenience we were caused. He said that he was taking care of the situation and we would not be troubled again.

Abba and Ammi are worried about the wedding, they feel we still need to be careful. I understand I'm their only daughter so they don't want any harm to come to me and they want my wedding to go as planned.

Zayaan doesn't seem to be worried about anything, he says that what is meant to happen will happen, I agree with him but I feel we still need to be a little cautious.

Nosheen bhabhi and Fawaaz bhai decided to take us out tonight, it was nice of them since we haven't had much fun this week with all the tension.

We went out for dinner first and then went to the bowling alley. Zayaan was relaxed and happy and that's all that mattered to me, that's all I want is for everyone to be happy and live freely.

"Doll why aren't you playing?" Zayaan asks nonchalantly.

"I'm enjoying watching you all play and with my hand I don't think I can, I'm really happy today, you've smiled after many days."

"I love you doll."

"I'm love you too, now go enjoy yourself."

"No I want to sit with you for a little while."