Chapter 92

Today is Fathima and Zunaid's wedding day, I decided that I wouldn't go after last night's episode. I don't want to be the cause of any commotion. I took a long refreshing shower, I go downstairs as my brother hugs me.

"All okay bhai?"

"You tell me Amu? You going through so much yet you keep a smile on your face. How do you manage?"

"I got a brother like you, what more can I ask for. Thank you."

"I heard about last night."

"I'm going to kill Aahil, why did he tell everyone."

"Don't say anything to him, he was upset last night and I forced him to tell me. I am not going to tell you what to do, but I will tell you that I am not happy with how you are being treated."

"It's okay bhai, everyone is entitled to their opinion."

"Yes they are Amu but they have no right to hurt you. What did Zayaan do about it? I'm sure he played like he didn't know you."

"I don't think he knows what happened, I left him there and came home."

"He knows everything, he just acts like he doesn't."

"Bhai!"

"Yeah I know, he is your husband and I shouldn't say anything about him.Anyways let's go have breakfast."

While we were having breakfast Zayaan came to fetch me, I didn't tell him that I'm not going to the wedding. I figured he didn't know about last night. Abba was upset for last night and blamed Zayaan for it. He didn't question him but he did tell him how he felt.

"Amu what is Abba speaking about?"

"As if you don't know, stop acting like you don't know anything," Zuhair bhai says sternly.

"Firstly I'm speaking to Amu and Zuhair bhai I'm really not aware of what happened."

"But you know something happened right otherwise you wouldn't be mentioning it."

"No bhai, I'm sure something must have happened for everyone to be angry with me or are you just looking for an excuse to be angry."

"So not everyone heard what happened last night, Aahil I thought you said that everyone heard because the people from outside came inside to watch the drama."

"Bhai everyone heard and saw what happened. After Amu left people were still speaking about it. Even Fati heard about it and she was stuck in her room," Aahil says.

"Zayaan I suggest you leave this town and don't look back here ever again."

"What are you saying bhai? He…" I mutter.

"He what? Amu is it not enough that he got married to someone else that now you have to hear taunts about it and be blamed for it."

"I see, so you all are trying to separate us, I was wondering why Amu was so hesitant to be with me."

"Zayaan what are you saying, how can you speak to bhai like this?"

"So I should stand here and be insulted."

"No one is insulting you, I agree everyone is upset but it is because of last night."

"Can you people stop it, why are you making an issue out of this. Maybe Zayaan didn't hear the commotion," Ammi says frantically.

All the arguing stopped, I was disappointed in Zayaan. The manner in which he spoke to my brother made me feel that he had no respect for my family. Yes Zuhair bhai might have over reacted but that doesn't give him the right to be rude.