Chapter 55

I opened my eyes, Zayaan was not in the room, Ammi was still asleep on the couch and bhabhi was sitting next to me.

"Amu how you feeling?"

"I'm okay bhabhi,  just in pain."

"Let me get the doctor."

By the time bhabhi went to get the doctor Ammi woke up and Zayaan was back. The doctor had a nurse check my vitals and checked my arm.

He wasn't ready to discharge me as yet, he wanted the physiotherapist to see me first. I was getting annoyed sitting and waiting. 

Zayaan was injured quite a bit himself, he hurt his arm while fighting the one man, he had scratches, cuts and bruises but he refused to go home and rest.

Zayaan suggested that the doctor give us a referral letter and we would go see the  physiotherapy ourselves.

A tall pretty white lady walked into the room, she introduced herself as Dr Muller. She was the physiotherapist. She checked my arm and gave me instructions what I should do for the first week.

Soon I was home and in my bed, I was in tremendous pain, I felt drowsy but everytime I closed my eyes I would have flashbacks of those three man attacking us.

We couldn't see their faces since they had masks, all the information we had was their voices which Zayaan vaguely remembers, I remember some of the things they said and a tattoo that one of the man had on his hand.

When I got home my inlaws were already here, so were my nanu and Nani, I sat with them for a little bit until Zayaan suggested I go to my room and rest.

Obviously that was not possible with the amount of visitor's I had. I didn't mind, it just got a bit tiring and trying to stay awake although I was on heavy medication.

I finally managed to get a few hours of sleep, I would have slept more but the pain became unbearable. When I woke up, I heard my Ammi and Abba speaking to Zayaan. I couldn't hear much besides that the men who attacked us were found.

I called for  Ammi, I wanted to know what was going on. Who attacked us, maybe now is the right time for me to speak to the detective.

"What's happening Ammi? I heard they caught the men who attacked us?"

"Amu they didn't catch all of them, just two. They were driving your car around."

"Ammi I think it's time I spoke to the detective, I'm feeling better and maybe what I remember can help him."

"Amaani, I don't think you need to, I don't want you to remember that night again, it might just traumatise you more," Zayaan says as he walks into my room.

"If it can help why not?"

My Ammi left the two of us alone, I don't know why but I got a feeling like they were hiding something from me. I know they worried about me and want to protect me but is it more important than catching the person who sent them.

Yes the person who sent them, I say this because the one guy kept saying that they were not there for me. That means someone is out to get Zayaan but who.

"Babes why don't you want me to meet the detective. Maybe you left out something that I remember. I was also involved in this attack and my car was taken."

"I understand you upset but we will get you another car."

"You really think the car is important to me. Your life is more important to me, someone is after you. That man kept saying that they were not there for me, that means they were suppose to attack you only. Who would do something like this?"