Chapter 54

The weekend went by so fast, my inlaws left today, Zuhair bhai and bhabhi took them to the airport. Uncle Gulaam didn't seem very happy that Zayaan was staying a few days longer.

I'm sure it's because he has work back home and he is neglecting it. I understand completely and I agree that he needs to pay more attention at work.

After breakfast Zayaan and I left to the mall to do some shopping. We decided to check for furniture first and then check for the decor.

While we were shopping I decided to speak to Zayaan, maybe he would listen to me this time because he didn't listen the first few times I told him.

"Babes, I noticed Abba was not happy with you staying. Did you not tell him before?"

"I told them last night, he just likes to rule me and he gets upset when he can't."

"I don't think it's that, I think he was upset because you slacking at work."

"Doll you can call my office and find out, they will tell you I had no cases this week."

"I don't know how it works but I'm sure you take time to prepare, so whatever court cases you got when you get back will be behind."

"Doll that's why I have an assistant. To take care of everything when I'm away. You sound like Abba."

"Sorry but I don't want Abba to think that you neglecting your work because of me."

"Doll I don't care what he thinks."

"It's no use talking to you about it, you do as you please."

We continued shopping, we got furniture for the lounge, dining room and one guest room. We still had to get for our room and the other two guest rooms.

I wanted to just get the basics and get the rest after we move in. I was tired,  my feet hurt and I was hungry. It was 3pm and we hadn't eaten as yet.

Zayaan and I go upstairs to the food court, we decide on seafood, as we enter the restaurant we notice Seher siting in the corner.

I wanted to leave but Zayaan said that we can't keep running from our past, we have to face it. The waiter showed us to our table, Zayaan pulled out the chair for me and then sat down.

We were far from Seher and couldn't see her or her table. I was glad I could enjoy lunch with Zayaan and didn't have to worry about her. 

We placed our order and while we waited we sat and spoke about us, although my mind was distracted by Seher.

"Babes when we get married for that first week are we going to stay in our own house or by your parent's?" I ask curiously.

"I think…."

"Babes, so now his your babes…" Aahil interupts.

"Aahil, what are you doing here?"  Zayaan ask calmly.

"Yes his my babes. My one and only love. Now if you don't mind we want to be left alone and enjoy our date," I say irritably.

"Doll it's okay, calm down.… sorry about that Aahil, I'm sure you can understand where Amaani is coming from," Zayaan says gingerly.

"Dude I know Amu better than you so don't come here trying to act smart," Aahil says aggressively.

"Babes I think we should leave."

Zayaan got up from his seats and headed towards the counter to pay for the meal. The manager asked if something was wrong because we didn't have our meal as yet and we leaving.