Chapter 60

This morning I didn't go back to bed after fajr,  I took a quick shower and sat in my room, hoping that one of my brother's would come speak to me or at least check on me.

It is strange because they have never done this before, no matter how upset we get with each other we always speak after an hour or so and we make sure even if we so upset that we don't speak that same day, we always check if the other is okay.

When I went down for breakfast bhabhi told me that my brother's had already left. Bhabhi heard Zafar tell Ammi that he will be staying at his friends house for few days.

I missed my brother's so I sent them all a message to let them know that I loved them and missed them.

"My dear Bhaiyya's….

I hope you all well,  just know I love you and miss you. Take care."

I didn't get a reply from any of them, it hurt but I knew they felt worse not speaking to me and seeing me. If only I knew why they were hiding from me.

I didn't have anything to do so I had my Abba's driver take me to the mall, I shopped for homeware and kitchenware and had it all couriered to Zayaan.

I know he is not going to get any of these items and I want to go to a house that has at least the basic necessities. We will also be able to set the house instead of buying and coming back from a relaxing honeymoon to slaving away.

I spent most of my day at the mall, I shopped for clothes, jewellery, perfumes for myself, I bought a few things for Zayaan and gifts for my family to give them before I leave.

I got a little something for my close friends and those close to my heart. I had to get something for my baby Sawad, I'm really going to miss him.

I had lunch by myself and made sure I let bhabhi know so she could inform my brother's that I wouldn't be home so they would come home for lunch. 

I wondered around the mall like a homeless person, it was strange because I've spent alot of my time in the mall but this time was different. I was done with shopping and now I was aimlessly walking around and I was doing all this so my family would not have to feel awkward around me.

When I got home Ammi was busy with some visitors, bhabhi was busy sorting out some list and Abba was busy in his office. Non of my brother's were home again.

I knew I wouldn't be seeing Zafar around since he was sleeping at his friends. Bhabhi informed me that Zuhair bhai was working late and Fawaaz was in his room studying and that he didn't want to be disturbed.

I had to speak to Ammi, she has to sort this out for me. Why are my brother's behaving all weird. I can't handle all this pressure, I'm not going to be here for long, maybe they telling me something.

I decided to go up to my room and sort out my things that need to be packed and what I'm leaving behind. All my outfits for the functions and wedding day is at Mariam Apa's house.

Ammi didn't want it to get creased or anyone to handle it so she had it sent next door. My outfit for the Walimah is still at the designer, I changed a few things so they had to keep it for last.

While I was sorting out my cupboard Zayaan called, he hasn't spoken to me now for two days. He has been really busy with a case that was taken on while he was here.

"How you doing doll?"

" Alhamdulillah and you?"

"I'm okay. Why do you sound so gloomy?"

"No I don't."

"Doll you lying to me, I can hear you not doing okay. Did something happen?"

"No nothing happened I'm fine. Are you going to talk to me or fight if I'm okay or not?"