Fearful of rejection

I'm not really sure if you can help me but I read your advice and thought to take a chance.

I really like this guy but I'm too shy and not confident in the way I look to tell him how I feel. I was called names all through middle school. Ppl started to ignore me once we got to high school but the hurt I felt from middle achool is still there.  Really, there's no reason to like him. We talked on the bus a little last year but that's it. He's a whore and I know he will never like me bc I'm not the type of girl he goes after. But I still like him.  He was nice to me and we like the same things: music and drawing mostly. I know hell never like me but I want him too. How do I tell him how I fell? I don't want to get rejected,  but if he does, how do I get over that rejection?

Sincerely, 

Fearful

________

Dear fearful, 

Well I can certainly try c:

Hmmm... it seems like you guys still need to get to know each other first... like talking just a little on the bus isn't going to cut it.. Try asking him to hang out with you first before anything. See if he is willing to and then you'll know if you have a chance with him or not. See where that leads you before anything and then if he doesn't want to then just brush it off. Rejection hurts but if there is one thing that I learned about it, is that you will get over it once you find yourself crushing on someone else. It's just the way of life. 

I hope this did help some for you. I can relate to you in some ways actually.. 

Alex