Late realizations

Dear Alex,

Theres this guy hes my best friend since 8th grade and hes been in love with me since. During freshman year i would flirt with him back but i also kept rejecting and frienzoning him. He waited a year for me. Its sophomore year and ive realized i want to be with him and that hes the guy for me but he doesnt love me anymore and says ive lost my chance. He came to my house last friday and we layed on my couch watchin scary movies but he doesnt really talk to me at school and he barely texts me we're not as close anymore. I dont want to give up on him because hes worth it i need advice and help how do i get him back?

Sincerely, HopelssRomantic

_____________

Dear HopelessRomantic,

Wow.. It's one of those situations where your like.. You should have gone for it while you had it but it's also one of those situations that if he really loved you he wouldn't have given up on you because love doesn't expire you know? But I feel like that he might just be hurt and that you choose now because that whole time he probably was trying to move on cause he knew you probably didn't see him in that same way. But anyway to get him back? Show him that you really want this and you won't give up til you have it. How? Give him your time and attention, flirt, cuddle up to him, go on little dates that he doesn't realize are dates, do little things for him, suprise him, stuff like that makes all the difference trust me. If you can show him then he would be an idiot to not have you. 

Alex