Being a fake

well basically this girl named Kate who is my ex best friend now has moved to a different school. She's made up a few rumors about me which I don't get why because I never did anything to her. She told me once that it was because she was jealous by why make rumors about me? Even worse, after literally pouring my heart out to her, my best friend from camp said she wouldn't associate with kate since they're going to the same school now. She didn't know I made a new instagram and while I was looking throught Kate's profile, there were about a dozen pictures of them together and in the comments below they were acting oh so close. I'm afraid to confront her about it though because I've already lost a lot of people in my life. What should I do?

from, weary and tired from being in this situation way too many times

-----------

Dear weary and tired from being in this situation way too many times,

Well I don't think both of those girls should be considered a best friend because one of them is spreading rumors and the other is being a fake. To be honest I would just not associate with both of those girls and just find friends that are worth your time. Unless your best friend says something to you about hanging out with that other girl for whatever reason or if you don't ask her what's really going on with them then I don't think it's right to stay friends since she's basically stabbing you behind your back by being fake. We all lose people in our lives but it's always for a reason.. There are better people out there and you just got to be patient with those people coming in your life.

Alex