I don't want to like him anymore.

Dear Alex,

    So i like this guy and we have been friends since we were small but i found out something the other day that i didn't want to hear. I don't want to like him anymore but my heart is going in the completely different way?? 

-Anonymous

____________________

 Dear Anonymous, 

      Okay so this is kinda hard to answer without further details but let me try. With whatever you heard it must have been bad to make you not want to like him anymore. What is it that you heard that you didn't like? The only thing I can think of is that he might not like you the way you like him? He likes another girl? umm he does things that might turn you off? 

     Well either way, whatever it is, where did you hear it from? I would understand if you heard it from the source being him but if it is from others then that could lead to a problem. People say things for the heck of it and a lot of the things people say could be not true. 

     Now for your heart going in a completely different way, you mean you can't get over him. You might even love him? If i'm wrong then I apologize but the heart wants what the heart wants and it doesn't help that you have known him for so long and I am assuming that you have liked him for so long as well. 

    If your asking me how to get over him? Because that's what you want, then I'll have to tell you that the only way to get over him is through time. Some day you won't like him and it might just be the day that he broke your heart. 

     Breaking your heart could be indirectly as well.  But then again something could just have a big impact on you and then well.. you won't like him anymore... Or maybe someone else will end up in your life and you will like them, who knows... 

Sorry if this wasn't much help , but I hope it did help... 

Alex <3