Low self confidence and self conscious

Dear Alex:)

Well you see, i have a really low self confidence and i'm really self conscious and i don't know what i can do about it. My friends like making jokes about stuff like saying 'nobody likes you, go away' but i always take it to heart because i'm always scared that none of my friends actually like me. And if a boy stares at me i get nervous because i'm scared there's something on my face. Also all of my friends are really pretty and always have people trying to get their attention and i end up sitting there wondering why such pretty people are hanging out with me and then i get scared in case there doing because they feel bad for me. They've also had a few boyfriends, and on one of my good days where i'm confident with myself and my looks, one of my friends said 'clearly i'm prettier than you because I've had more boyfriends' And just yeah, is there anything i can do?

Please Help!

-Georgia

__________

Dear Georgia, 

Well, in all honesty there isn't anything you can do about it but look at it in a different light for you to feel different with the whole situation. I can honestly say that I've felt this way before but just because someone is pretty doesn't mean they are shallow. They obviously are hanging around you for a reason. You must be a awesome person. And just because they have had more boyfriends than you doesn't mean they are prettier than you. I don't even know why they even used that to compare looks. You will get a boyfriend soon enough. You just have to blossom and come out of your shell and also not mind other people.. think more positive. That's all you can really do. 

Alex