He flirts while in front of me

Dear Alex,

I have an amazing guy friend who I've recently fallen for. He makes me the happiest I've been in the past few months, he's always telling me that he loves me and if I don't say it back he pouts, he's always touching my legs and leaning onto me. Whenever he sees me near him at school he stops what he's doing and bumps into my shoulder and talks to me, and it's just making me feel really special. 

But then we go out places with other people and he flirts with every other girl and ignores me. He'll talk to me a few times and still say he loves me but that's about it. He's told one of my friends that he liked me, but in public he doesn't show it at all. Someone told me he's afraid to get rejected.. But he can't be that afraid if he stands there and flirts with other girls all day. 

Do you think he likes me or.. if he's trying to make me jealous? Anything?

From,

Confused Girl Friend

___________

Dear Confused Girl Friend,

Okay so I needed to get a guys perspective on this, that's why it took me so long to get back to you. Obviously this is my advice your asking but sometimes it's good to see what the guy would say because your asking me to channel into this other guys mind and sometimes motives can be difficult to hint at as a girl. As a girl, I would say that he does like you and stuff. Which the guy I asked agreed that that was the case too. And he also said that he's just trying to make you jealous. He wants to see if you get jealous in order to see if you really like him.. 

Then another guy that I asked gave me his opinion and said that he shouldn't be doing that to you. He should be only being with you and flirting with only you if he really "loves you."

If he likes you and you like him, you should just tell each other that. Or well, you should tell him that. And show him that he isn't going to get rejected by you. But also take into concideration his actions.

That's really all I got to say, but I hoped this helped (: 

Alex