Advice for guys

Dear Alex,

I like my best friend but I am not sure if she likes me or not. But if she knows I like her what if it hurts our friendship? Help please.

From,

Xander

____

Dear Xander,

Well one thing you should do before anything is find out if she likes you. Now I'm not saying that we girls fall for our best friends ALL the time but MOST of the time we do. If she likes you then she's in the same position your in right now. She's scared to tell you to not ruin your friendship but tbh. The only way someone liking their best friend could ruin the friendship is if that other person doesn't care enough for you. Because let me tell you something. If you care a lot about a person, nothing would get in the way of a strong friendship. If it does then what kind of friend would that be, you know? But back to her liking you or not. Now I'm not sure what kind of girl she is because girls have different ways of showing that they like a guy but since you guys are best friends, it's harder to know because you are in that comfortable level. Now with that being said you could pretty much ask her who she likes. Now this could be a problem one way being that some girls deny it to the guy they like.. Usually when this happens a girl will hesitate before giving their answer. But if they don't hesitate when saying they don't like anyone then they really mean they don't like anyone.. So let's say you ask her and she hesitates then it's a possibility that she does indeed like you back but let's say you don't want to ask her that question then you can guarantee that her other friends or someone else close to her knows if she likes someone... Now asking one her friends is kinda odd but it doesn't have to be.. You guys can randomly play truth or dare or you can bring up like "oh hey do you guys like anyone" or "how's the love life going?" And with one of those you can be sneaky and ask about your best friend liking anyone too.. Or if she's there you could ask her also but it would probably be best if you asked her privately.

Let's say you don't want to ask her if she likes anyone.. Maybe you just want to tell her straight up that you like her. That's okay too but remember that your unsure if she's likes you back so you might want to ask a question like... "Do you still see us being best friends in a couple years?" And follow that up with "do you think that we will turn into something more?" And depending on her answer you'll find yours.

I hope this helps you :)

Alex