Broken up but still gets rejected

Dearest Alex,    

It's me again... Rea? Do you remember me? Anyways, a lot has happened since that first question.    Well, to start off, my crush's relationship only lasted a week, since the girl "thought he wasn't the one". I know I shouldn't be happy, but when I heard the news, my heart went crazy.     Also, since that last question, I've been ignoring my crush. Until yesterday, that is. It was a random outburst, but that isn't relevant right now.       So I started talking to him. Normally. He didn't know why I ignored him. At least I thought he didn't.       That same night, we were texting. He told me he knew. That I liked him.   He said it was obvious. That I made it obvious.      What made it worse was that he said, "I like you too, but as a friend". It was so embarrassing, even though we were just texting. He didn't realize what he was saying broke my heart.       Now he just pretends like nothing happened. Like it was before all this drama. He doesn't know though, he's the first guy I've ever liked for himself, and being friend zoned was heart crushing.      He doesn't know I love him so much, for his dorky, cute self. And now he just smiles at me and makes jokes at stuff completely ignoring the fact I like him. It just hurts so much.      What should I do?      I should stop here, this is too long. Sorry about that.                                    

Rea

_______________

Dear Rea, 

Yes I remember you sweetie ^^ Well I can't not remember because I don't delete any Ask Alex messages just in case they come back and ask more for that purposes cx Smart right? C: Well anyway that's a lot of stuff that's happened.. I'm sorry that your crush doesn't like you back but hey, it's a part of life okay? just remember that. I think that it's good that he's acting like nothing happened. I mean would you want it to be awkward and such and would you rather lose him as a friend too? You have to think about that stuff as well. You're going to have your fair share of rejection but it's how you handle yourself after that's going to show you who you are. What I think you should do? I think you should continue to be his friend. Eventually your heart will let him go and you will start on with someone else. I don't want to give you false hope but maybe in the future he might see something more with you. If you like him still in a couple years and you guys have remained friends, you never know what might change or not. But you won't get there until you try. So just be friends and go along with how he acts. It's better than hurting and facing rejection head on, you know?

I hope this helped some, 

Alex