Predestined 9: The third Wang

"The food is to your liking, Dayu ah

"The food is to your liking, Dayu ah..?" Professor Yan asked, and Dayu nodded.

"Yes..thank you sir..I liked it very much.." Dayu said, smiling at his former professor and also to the other man, his professor had brought along with him.

And the man had been staring at Dayu for quiet sometime.

"I'm sorry..my apologies, professor.." the man smiled, embarrassedly, "I thought you're going to be much older.."

Dayu smiled a little. Well, he couldn't blame him for that. He's used to people having that reaction everytime they knew that he's a professor at twenty five. And he had actually been a professor since he's twenty four. Professor Yan, was Dayu's doctoral advisor when he was doing his doctorate degree six years ago. And two years later, Dayu got his Ph.D, making him the first person to do so in the whole of Canada. Dayu was already a master degree graduate and teaching at the Toronto University as a full time lecturer when he took his doctorate degree simultaneously. Just like most of Dayu's professors, professor Yan became his is friend.

Three years ago, professor Yan moved back to China; accepting the post as the Dean of the Department of Music in Peking University. He had been trying to get Dayu to come and work with him for two years.

About six months ago, professor Yan had asked Dayu for a help. It seemed that the professor had been helping a close friend of his in the music industry in China. And knowing that it's Dayu's expertise he called Dayu and introduced them. They'd been communicating on the phone occasionally ever since.