Predestined 32: Hotter than the Sun

Qing had went to university but he had never had a professor quiet like Dayu

He's a professor teaching sound engineering but he's teaching not only the equipments and how they works but also mixing vocalisation in.

And Dayu clearly didn't believe in just reading and explaining. He's a hands on educator. In his lesson, just now, Dayu was introducing how to mix the sound of several musical instruments to create the perfect music score for several songs.

After some technical discussion, he asked his students to be in groups and attempt on mixing sound for one song. And Qing had no choice but get into groups as well. Thankfully nobody really noticed that he'd never attended class before. Maybe because it's just the first month of the new semester. New students were still coming and going. And Qing kept low profile in his group. He didn't bring his own music equipment so he just helped with the music score.

After that, he had them present their works and encourage active and nurturing discussion amongst his students. He encouraged his students to  find their own tunes, and sounds. Qing played the guitar, in his group, which he had burrowed from one of the students from another group. He avoided looking at Dayu and chose to stand behind another student when they were presenting their music.

Qing had came to Dayu's class, with the intent of identifying Dayu's admirers at the university. And he also wanted to see Dayu teach. But mainly though, he wanted to see just how many moths enflamed by Dayu there.

That was Qing's intention in the beginning. But then, when he was in Dayu's class, he began to enjoy the lesson. Qing began to even take notes from Dayu's lecture.

And in the end, Qing really became a student; joining in the discussion, the group work and the group presentation.

"All sounds are good...They made us aware..They made us know. They made us feel...The sound of a tire screeching, tells us that a car is stopping suddenly...The whistling sound, the wind made, tells us that the wind strong and we should stay inside the house because there maybe a storm coming...All sounds have their own sense of purpose...Find yours. What do you want your listeners to know. To feel..." Dayu was at the very end of his lecture then, after all groups had presented their works. And Qing was looking at Dayu with mesmerized eyes.