Predestined 43: Choice of the Heart

"Okay

"Okay..." Linda looked at Dayu, seriously, "spit it out...!"

Earlier on, Dayu had texted her and  Mark that he would like to have a video call with them both.

Dayu had been in China for only a little more than a month, but they were already missing him so much. And though Dayu had been calling daily, they still missed him.

When Dayu texted them for a video call, Linda already knew that Dayu was about to tell them something.

Since the day Dayu set foot in China, something in his voice seemed off, somehow when he called them. The first few days, when Dayu called, he sounded like he's confused or something, which really didn't sound like him because Dayu was never confused. Not in the flustered kind of way. The only confusion dayu had ever had was when he confused his feelings for Liu Minzhe to be something more than what it really was, but that was not actually a confusion, Dayu was sure of his feelings, he just misjudged it. What she and Mark heard during the first week that Dayu was in China, was total confusion that left Dayu flustered.

Though, they couldn't possibly be sure, but Dayu really sounded like it.

Gradually, the confusion disappeared and the flustered sounds as well. Yet, there's something not quiet right with Dayu. She had been holding back for days, not pressuring Dayu into telling her what was it that was going on with him there. Something is changed in Dayu. 

She didn't even asked Jin and Aiden about what's going on with Dayu. Dayu would tell her and Mark on his own term.

And looks like, it's tonight.

"Well..." Dayu was slightly nervous, because this is the first time he would be telling Linda and Mark about Qing.

It's slightly different with Jin and Aiden because it was Qing who broke the news to them first. With Linda and Mark, he would be telling them himself.

Jin and Aiden too, had been withholding the information from Linda and Mark. Fortunately, Linda too didn't press on them for any information, even though she might already have an inclination that there's something going on with Dayu. Linda had always been the sharpest of them all.