Predestined 83: Prince Charming

"Your effort is amazing, Mrs Wang

"Your effort is amazing, Mrs Wang..!" Dayu said, his eyes were filled with admiration.

"Why..Thank you...Dayu ah..and Please...Call me, Ma.." she smiled happily as she patted Dayu's hand across the table, "it's not as if we're strangers anymore...You're engaged to my son...And you call my mother and father in law, grandpa and grandma...Surely you could start calling me, Ma..?"

They had been having lunch and engaging in a conversation for almost an hour, and she just couldn't take it anymore when Dayu was still calling her Mrs Wang.

Feng JianYu is fascinating. Qing's mother made that conclusion. The feeling she had when Qing brought him to meet them that night, was not lying. She wasn't just caught up in the moment. The man is really smart, brilliant, very courteous and he's genuinely honest to the bones. He's answering all of Qing's mother's  questions truthfully and earnestly. And they're also talking about each other's life comfortably.

It's no wonder, her in laws were so taken in by him. She knew exactly what they're feeling. The fact that someone so young, could keep up with the conversation of someone close to middle age; you won't find youngsters like him easily nowadays. If it's her son, he would listen to her fifteen minutes at most and he would already search for excuses to leave.

Feng JianYu is not like that. With her son, their generations gap couldn't be more magnified but that gap disappeared with Feng JianYu. How such incredible man could fall for her son; she couldn't understand but, she is thankful, nonetheless. For her son to be able to have such a man, as his partner; was probably one of the greatest achievements of her son. And for that, she could only praise Wang Qing. He did well this time.

Qing eyed his mother's hand on Dayu's hand. She had patted Dayu's hand earlier, but why did she left her hand there afterwards? Qing was gritting his teeth, trying to control himself from reaching out and taking Dayu's hand from his mother's grip.

"I'm glad you appreciate the program, Dayu ah.." she smiled, "it's only a small effort on my part...The people who donated were the real heroes...."

"For you to start the program in the first place, was amazing, Mrs. Wa-?" Dayu stopped when Qing's mother raised her eyebrows at him, "Ma. The program you started is amazing." Dayu finally called Qing's mother 'Ma' with his cheeks reddening a little.

And Qing's mother beamed happily. Qing could only stare helplessly as his mother got smitten by Dayu more and more. He had expected this but expecting it and then having to really live through it, were two different thing. When he only imagined it, he thought he would be able to be calm about it. But in reality, when it was really happening, he couldn't delude himself from feeling jealous.

Someone is looking at his Dayu in admiration and fascination; of course he would be jealous. Even though it was his mother.

"You're really the ultimate middle-aged people killer, aren't you, love.?" Qing pretended to whisper to Dayu, though he knew that his mother could hear him clearly.