Predestined 182: Delusional Thoughts

Qing leaned back against his seat, looking at the woman sitting in front of him

"Shu Ying.." Qing never thought that he'd met with this woman, in such situation, after eleven, or was it twelve years? She's the first girl he'd ever dated.

The woman gulped as she fidget on her seat, "Qing..." she looked at the man, she had never gotten over since she was fifteen.

And despite the situation, her heart skipped a beat because Qing still remembered her. Perhaps, he had never forgotten her just like she'd never been able to forget about him. They're each other's first love after all.

Perhaps, it wouldn't be as bad as she had thought.. Perhaps she might actually have opened an opportunity for herself..?

She looked at Qing, longingly.

"Why?" Qing asked; it's a simple enough question and Qing was not even shouting. Hence, Shu Ying got her hope even higher.

When Qing asked for the files of each staffs in the laboratory department indiscriminately; those who had access to the files and those who weren't suppose to have access to them, alike, one name popped out from all the rest.

It's not because she's his first girlfriend and thus he couldn't forget about her; it's because she's the only familiar name amongst the files and Qing never forget people he knew. But, when he gave indication that he knew her; Shu Ying's face lightened. Qing gritted his teeth as he calmed his rage in silence. He hated this. Did she really think that she actually had a chance with him!?!

"When..When I saw.." Shu Ying's voice was trembling with anticipation, "the lab reports and sample...I just couldn't resist...I couldn't believe what I was seeing...!"

Qing took a few deep breaths, because he really wanted to slam the table with his fists at the moment. Shu Ying wasn't on the list of people who was granted access to the lab reports and samples. How in the hell, did she knew about them?

"How did you know about the lab reports and samples? You're not on the team.."

Qing's still not shouting at her, and he's looking at her calmly, so Shu Ying's confidence grew a little more.